The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im Not New But Have Not Been Online For A Long Time. I Was Hoping Somebody Can Help Me, On Wedsday I Had Joint Injection In Both My Knee. My Legs Were Sore But Know I Carn't Stand Or Walk For Long I Can Not Bend My Leg It Feels Really Weak. I Don't Have That Much Pain. I Don't Want To Phone The Hospital Has They Will Think Im Mad. I've Had Injections In My Legs Before But It Was Nothing Like This Befor.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Naz,

I don't have any advice I'm afraid but I had to pop in and say Hi because I have a really good and dear friend called Naz - so, your name made me want to say Hi!!!!

:)
Katharine

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi i had ankle injections both ankles in december the pain went after a day or two but i was told to move the joint as much as i could as gently as i could in order for the steriod to move in the joint an d work however had to rest the ankles too as much as i could so go figure just had to balance it out. Not easy three days before xmas and two kids under 6 anyways after three months they are painfull again I hope this helps
Kerry
;)

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Naz,

Can you at least call and talk to the nurse at your doctors office? It is just about a week now since you had the injections and if you are still having this much trouble something must have gone wrong.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Naz,

Loss of power and movement in any limb is not normal at all, I am really concerned that you may have not sought medical help yet!

I can understand your reluctance to in part not to phone the hospital, BUT you do need to overcome this problem and get medical assistance. I don't think your mad and certainly and medical person should not be doing their jobs if this is how they treat people!

If a part of your body is not functioning properly then the medical profession needs to find out why not - thats their job after all!

PLEASE phone the clinic that gave the injection or visit A&E/ER!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Naz,

I have to agree with the others about calling the doctor's office. It never hurts to ask questions. I have also had injections and normally they only hurt for a couple of days. Since this has given you trouble for so long, it needs checking into.

Nancy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts