The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this sucks.

My joints have flared up. called Rheumatologist. Blood has been tested for sed rate..etc.

My head hasn't stopped hurting since last Monday. Nothing works. Called Neurologist. Have apt. Tomorrow. Check.

I walk like a gimp in 80 degree weather.

My MRI of my brain does not show lesions or brain tumors, so that is good.

But, I have pain radiating from the the middle of my back up to my eye. I have pale optic nerves (more so in the right eye), and I am seeing a neuro-opthamologist in July, because that's when I can see the one in three of them that exist in Washington. And, I have no idea what the heck any of that means, other then I feel like crap, and it sounds less then good, but not horrible yet. I see spots every day, but I ignore them. My neurologist knows all of this. It's weird.

So, I am depressed. My rheumatologist is probably going to up my methotrexate, I expect, I am 10 mg, and I don't throw up or have side effects.

My neurologic symptoms occured before the methotrexate, so I don't think I am seeing spots because of the methotrexate.

Some days I want an antidepressant, but other days, I tell myself, when doctors fix me up a little better then my current state, I will not be so depressed. Going to work is a huge effort. Not crying daily also a huge effort. I feel guilty for dumping things on my spouse, but I am not functioning well. Juggling work, neurologist apt, rheumatologist check up, med refills, and then wondering why sometimes I can't walk, I want to crawl into a whole somewhere.

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
((((((Kate)))))) so sorry you are suffering so much right now. Is there any way you could get some time off work or cut back some hours?

Good luck with your neuro appointment tomorrow. Hopefully the doctor can give you something to help that headache. Have you had a lumbar puncture yet?

Vent here all you want to spare your husband. Many of us do the same thing.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Kate,

Have you ever been tested for APS? If not I would suggest you ask for the blood work to be done. I am sorry your suffering right now.

On a good note I also have pale optic nerves and have seen one of the best Neuro Opthamoloigsts in the country. Basically this is not something that was very alarming to him at all and he told me nothing to really worry about.

I do have lesions on the brain but I believe it is due to my APS and lack of blood flowing right to the tissue.

I hope you get some answers and start to improve. It is not fun when we are feeling so bad. Also, if possible cut your hours at work to part time or go out on short term disability and just take a break.

Sounds like you could use some rest.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
kate i have to agree, anyway of cutting back on work? i had to then had to finish last year. good luck hun

hugs Lin xxxxxxxxx

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
Awww Kate... *sending gentle hugs*

Poor thing. I am definitely keeping you in my prayers. I really do hate this disease. I don't want for you to be depressed. Hope that you get some answers and relief soon... I know its hard, but try to stay positive at least you know you have all of us to turn to...:)

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
kate,
Has your doctor checked for spurs on the spine? I just found out that I have them and that is most of my pain problem. I have has migraines since I was 14years old and the doctor said yes that would be from the spurs. He was surprised that I had not been told about them before as he said these have been here for years and years they are quiet thick he said. It is a thought, and it might not even be that.

I hope you feel better soon and that you don't have those spurs they are quiet painful most of the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts