The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that she has lupus and has had it for a very long time.

Its a shame that someone with so much presence, and exposure would not speak out for research and support for us.

I have always been a fan and am so dissapointed.

Stephanie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
It is a pity but I suppose everyone deals with their disease differently and it's a very personal choice no matter how well known you are.

It is disappointing but, as I say, personal. I'm not sure how I would react in her shoes.

Katharine

·
Marika
349 Posts
My claim to fame is I have never seen The Sound of Music....honestly.

The woman looks great so it's sad that it isn't a known fact tha she has Lupus..it could give all those newly diagnosed people more hope.

Marika

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Marika;558315 said:
My claim to fame is I have never seen The Sound of Music.
You have never seen The Sound of Music???

By all means on a rainy day when you have nothing to do curl up with this movie. It is a classic with lot's of music and just a good movie.:wink2::wink2:

It is one of my favorites along with The Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...............all good memories of my childhood.;)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I can understand not wanting it to be common/public knowledge though too. May hurt her chances of getting parts/etc. It would be nice to have a celebrity lupus advocate though....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not bad for her age either!

My late mother used to be a great fan of hers and bought just about every rinyl single and LP she ever made :wink2: - so I was just thinking that - since mum died 21 years ago next month, Julie herself must be quite a good age now. I remembered her birthday is October 1st and sure enough she turned 74 this week.:hapbirth: From what I've seen of her in recent years, she isn't looking too badly on it, despite the Lupus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.