The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who responded to my jury duty issue - doctor wouldn't write me a note - it turned out O.K. I listed all my doctor's appts for the next two months and mailed it in. I've been excused from duty! Guess all those "ologists" that I have to go to (every other week) came in handy for something. Now I can relax and hope that this stretch of semi-good health (not as bad as when I was diagnosed, but not as good as at the end of this past summer when I had the luxury of sleeping until I woke up) lasts. :):):):hehe:

·
Administrator
10,183 Posts
Hi Annie,

I am glad you got excused. Don't be surprised if you don't get another summons in a few months though. That is how they work it here.

Two days after you posted I received a jury summons also. I decided I was well enough to go at the time. Fortunately for me I wasn't even called for questioning. At my next rheumy appointment I checked to see if he would write me out permanently. He was more than happy too when I explained the trial in the next court was on week 7 and still going strong.

The judge on this case had questions posted on a board for all potential jurors to answer. One was medical conditions. She did let 2 people off that could not guarantee making it through the entire week. I don't know if that is the norm or not.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Annie,

Thanks for the update! Wonderful news re your being excused and about you being in semi-good health too!!! :) :thumbs:

:flowery:

Zoi

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's great news. I'm so glad you didn't have to go ahead with that.

I kind if escape having to do jury duty as in Belgium I would only be called if registered to vote - voting is an obligation here - and I'm not. I know I should but just have never got my head round that obligation bit...

Katharine

·
Administrator
10,183 Posts
They get you for jury duty here if you are registered to vote or if you have a driver's license.

:flower2:
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts