The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Me again, I went to my docs today and saw a locum. He was lovely and is sending me for another ANA and has prescribed me tramadol for the pain.
Does anyone take tramadol and does anyone have any advice/warnings about it?
I finally feel like I may be getting somewhere :)
Haven't heard anything from the OT yet, does anyone here use mobility aids?
I have barely been out for nearly 6 months now and am going a little stir crazy, although i now have pain killers it's not gonna help the weakness or fatigue. As i'm finding it hard to get about at the moment is it worth me hiring/buying a wheelchair to get about?
Also i wondered if anyone else has this, i injure myself quite a lot through falls and seizures. The injuries never seem to fully heal and when i'm having a "flare" they seem to come back. Not fully come back, but they seem to play up enough to give me more trouble.

Take care everyone
Luvvss 'n' stuff

Sarita

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi I take tramadol and it can make you woozy to start with. I also use mobility aids to help me get about. Re the falls and seizures you need urgent assessment by the OT. Chase it up, tell them about the falls and injuries, they can put in aids at home. They can also advise on the best type of walking aid for you. Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I think Tramadol is a good place to start and works for many people.

Make sure you educate yourself with the side effects as what happens to someone else on this drug may not happen to you. We are all so different.

Good luck and let us know how you get along.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts