The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I can only be myself
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what's wrong with me recently. I feel so down and upset and don't know what's causing it. I ache like mad and am sooooo tired, I have been sleeping so much.
I'm already on anti-depressants, and have exhausted all types of anti-inflamms.
I just feel so alone and that noone's listens or understands.
anyway end moan, sorry

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Vikki,

Youre definately not alone, your hear talking!

I'm sorry that your feeling so bad! Have you been back to your GP or phoned your Rhuemie!

love and hugs

Lesley

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Vikki,

After all you have struggled through the last semester without quitting, I'm not suprised that you are feeling down now. A last you have enough time to let these feelings and reactions come to the surface. It makes for a miserable holiday, but there are so many things that have hapened to you that you have every reasn to be feeling the strain.

I agree with Lesley that talking to your GP is a good idea, or the nurse at the lupus clinic? Do you have a friend you could phone or go have a coffee with? And feel free to vent here too.

Hang in there,

X C X

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Vikki (((((((hugs)))))))

There is no wonder you are feeling down. What a terrible time you have had of it lately. You are an inspiration here in the boards Vikki. Such a young girl with so much fire in her and so much to give to the world. We can all see that here.

You are SO needed in this world. Hang in there dear girl. We seriously do understand your cry for help. My heart goes out to you with what you are having to go through, Please know that you have people here who worry and care for you.

Much love and strength to you dear girl
Joan:rose:

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Vikki,

You are an amazing young woman, who has such courage and determination. You have accomplished so much and dealing with lupus all at the same time.

Please take care of yourself and get some much needed rest. Remember you are never alone, you have all of us.:hug:

Hang in there!
:love2:
Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
((((((((((((((Vicki))))))))))))))))) :grhug: Sweetie, you are an inspiration to us all with what you have had and are facing :hug: You know you can turn to us to talk, we are your Lupie buddies. But don't hesitate to talk to the Lupus nurse or your GP about your feelings if they don't settle. The idea of going out for coffee and having a break away from everything with a friend is a good one too, it can recharge those emotional batteries.

sending hugs,

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Sweetie, you are an amazing person, strong and determined -- an inspiration if ever there was one. I agree with all the advice you've received here. And I would encourage you very strongly to call your physician or rheumy, which ever you have the best relationship with, and say you're feeling depressed and your pain has increased. (those two do tend to go hand in hand I believe)

And keep venting and posting here. Everybody here understands and supports you. Please let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,
Sunny

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi Vikki, all I want to say is stay strong. Try your best not to let things get you down too much. I know its not east, but stressing seems only to make things worse.

Youve been this far and held your head high. I say carry on that way :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hey Vikki ((((((((hugs))))))))

I was going to say exactly the same as Cath and Joan. You have dealt with so much and soldiered on through it all - you have kept going and pushed through it all and now, suddenly you have time to rest and time for those feelings that were being pushed away to rise to the surface. I think it is perfectly normal to feel down at times and you know, no-one expects you to be superwoman!! You're already such a wonderful special person and that's more than enough for eveyone who cares for you.

And, yep, I'd also go with the others on calling that doc. You shouldn't keep this to yourself. I might even go so far as to suggest that maybe some counselling might help you a little as the things you are dealing with right now are too much for most people, never mind someone so young and suffering herself from a chronic disease.

Again, loads of hugs, plenty of chocolates....
xxx
Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
(((((((((((vikki))))))))))

I just want to echo everyone elses good advice and send you lot's of comforting hug's :hug: I hope you feel better soon.....

please keep us updated, we are here if you need to talk.
love karen x

·
I can only be myself
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all your words of support. as i'm sure all you guys know it's invalueable.
I've tried counselling a few times before, but i'm not really one to voice my feelings to other people, i find it difficult to sit there and talk about me. I tend to be the counsellor then the counselled.
I'll try to get a telephone app. for my gp, coz atm i am 100 miles away as my gp is at uni and i am home for the summer.
thnaks again.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Aw bless, no none of this is easy hey hun, you have had lots of good advice form ppl that really care about whats going on hun,i know your dr is at uni you say but you can still see one when you are home, my daughter did lovey, you ring them

thinking of you Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Old Timer
1,601 Posts
Vikki :hug:

You have been so tough for so long, you have to let it out sometimes. The stress builds up to a point that your health suffers for it before you even realize it. Many including myself on here would be happy to listen anytime you need to talk. Stay strong but realize it's ok to let it out too. Wishing you the very best and I hope you get through this quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts