The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
718 Posts
just remember, there are some of us out there who have no chance of beating this illness
I suspect that the therapist was meaning this is a figurative rather than a literal sense, and that it is more about mentally taking control of our lives rather than necessarily being able to do that on a physical level.

But sometimes, when lupus is getting us down and is very severe, this can be very hard to do, and nobody should give themselves a hard time if they are in a phase when this is difficult to do.

PErsonally I don't give a toss whether I call it 'my lupus' or just 'lupus' - I think I do both - usually I think I call it 'my' when I am emphasising the unique disease that it is (eg we are all affected so differently, my lupus may do something that yours doesn't etc etc) but whatever rocks your boat.

If this is something that is helping you, I am so pleased to hear it !

cheers

raglet

· Registered
718 Posts
stupid lupus - and various other names that I think would likely get me booted off this board hahaha

hugs

raglet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.