The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I just feel fed up and thought I'd feel better if I wrote it down.
Just got back from my first physio appointment and confused as ever. I was supposed to be treated for bursitis but physio unsure I have that as I hurt in both hips. He was more convinced that my knee was aproblem and thinks I've torn a tendon in it which is why it gives way. He did nt believe me when I said I've never fallen on it or hurt it in any way. Years ago I was told it had OA in it because it was sore but it seemed to get better. He wants to refer me to a surgeon. !? He just looked at me as if I was an odd one. I guess it did nt help that I was having a wobbly day, my head was killing me and I could nt stop my hand shaking. My knee did nt hurt before I went in and now it really hurts to put weight on it. My hips are getting sorer too. I wanted to feel better not worse.:(
I just want to know whats going on and to stop being passed around from doc to doc as I do nt fit with any diagnosises. Sorry I can't spell either.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Purplesnowflake,

It is very difficult to answer your questions. I know that we all do get terribly fed up of being pushed from one doc to another.

I wasn't quite sure form your post whether you have seen a rheumy yet or not?

I have very painful hips too. I believe it is bursitis though am not 100% sure with the translation from French to English. My rheumy calls it "tendinopathy with calcification". I have this in both shoulders, both hips, one knee, both ankles and one wrist.

One of the very first things she said to me months before diagnosis was that I had "weak" tendons. At that time I asked her why and she couldn't answer.

I now have a diagnosis and I also know that these tendon problems almost completely disappeared for a two year period when I was in remission. So "weak" tendons that suddenly get strong for 2 years???? very strange. Anyway, now that we know I have lupus it is clearer as lupus can affect tendons in some people.

It might be worth getting that referral but that depends on who you have already seen and who you would be referred to.

Katharine

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((purplesnowflake)))))))))))) I think I'd forget the ortho doctor you like and the physio for now, what you really need is an appointment with a Rheumatologist, not a surgeon :eek: :hug:

Sending lots of strength and fortitude your way. If I was you I would go and see your GP and get the referral. There is too much else going on to just hone in on one aspect and even consider surgery and ignore the rest of it. Whilst you are at it, I would bring up the fact you had protein in your spinal fluid twice but the Neuro discharged you. It's probably time for another Neuro too if you are still having those sorts of problems. At the very least mention them and the LP findings to the Rheumatologist.

As someone else often says around here as far as doctors go sometimes we have to kiss a lot of frogs before we find our prince ;) most of us have been there, but you won't get anywhere with the frogs unfortunately and I think you are beginning to realise that (((((((((purplesnowflake)))))))))

love
Lily

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Thanks for the replies. Will go back to see GP but she has no appointments for the next 2 weeks. :(
I guess I just wanted a quick fix to make everything better so normal life can begin. I've got an interview for my dream job on Monday and I do nt want whatever this is to ruin it if I get it. Will they want some who somedays is fine and others struggle to stand. On the plus side its part time so I m hoping if I get it my body will co operate while I'm there and just misbehave at home. We ll see.....

Thanks again for advice it's great to have support in cyber world.:wink2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hoping that you will be feeling better soon. I am so sorry you are in pain. Pain is so incredibly dibilitating........*hugs*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts