The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since this latest flare, if I get any food stuck between my teeth and my cheeks/ lips I have to use my finger to get it out. I can't stretch my tongue enough to sweep around my mouth and chase up those lost crumbs.

It's also getting a bit difficult preventing getting food lodged in the top of my mouth, although I usually manage not to let that happen. Just not very attractive to be digging around with my fingers in my mouth.

I have been gradually loosing movement in my tongue since Nov '05 so this isn't terribly surprising, but until this flare I could at least reach along one side of my mouth with my tongue.

If I try and poke my tongue out, it only peeks out about 1/2 inch out of the corner of my mouth. It looks really crazy ! I look like a walking stroke detection poster if I poke my tongue out.

Oh well, guess that moaning doesn't really help, just feeling a bit sick of it all tonight.

I do have a rather gorgeous cat sitting on top of my computer though, and even her worst glare can't stop me smiling at her (she is a real madam). I will see if I can find a nice picture of her

Raglet

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Raglet,

I think that even if we know it won't change anything, having a good moan from time to time does us good.

so moan away...
hugs to you,

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Raglet,

I agree with Katherine - so moan away!:yell::(

Love Lesley

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Please...moan...you deserve a better hand than you've been dealt! My thoughts and prayers are with you every day.

Love Stephanie

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It just seems like you can't get a break, but its wonderful how cats can help some. I know my 'big boy' helps me out when he jumps up on my chest so he can cuddle with me.... Even if that 17 lb thud he makes can be a bit overwhelming. :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Awwwwwwwww bless cute cat, and Raglet you maon away.

Hugs Lin xxx

·
Registered
642 Posts
(((((((Raglet))))))
You just moan away me ole darlin

You always sound so upbeat usually and you have so much to cope with.

Give the puss a head scratch from me

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
(((((Raglet))))))

you have every right to moan!!!!.. and it helps to off-load too!

sending you big hugs,chocolates,wine & flowers :hug: :flowery: :foryou: :posy:
love karen x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Moan away all you like - you sure deserve too.

I've never seen a pic of you and I'm by no means mocking but it's just your posts, skydiving and radio interview that give me this impression of a fiesty thing that will try anything no matter what. You always make me laugh no matter what you are dealing with.

Keep up your spirits and don't let this get you down.

The cat pic is fab - but I want to see more of your pooches...please?

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have LOTS of dog piccies, I will dig some more out. I love posting pics of my fur babies.

Yep, the cat in this pic is DEFINITELY a grumpy girl - just seems to be genetic with her

cheers

Raglet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts