The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again with all of those symtoms that indicate my lupus is still flaring. Dizzines, falling sideways, severe headaches, numbness around my lips and tongue. Loss of sensation in my hands and feet. The list goes on and on.

actually I am really upset. I had rituxan after everthing else has failed and the symtoms have returned only after 3 months. I guess I am also scared what treatment do I have know? Anyone got any ideas?

I just got off the phone with my Doctor, all he did was get angry with me for contacting him earlier in the week. I am seeing him tomorrow ASAP, he told me to pack my bags and expect to stay in hospital for a while.

Wish me luck
Peta:(

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
((((( Peta )))))))

All the best - you'll be in my thoughts.

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi peta,

I'm so sorry you've been having such a bad time of it recently.

I would be quite upset at being shouted at by my doctor for getting in touch with him :( but I suppose, on the reassuring side, he's taking it seriously enough to have you in to see him quickly. You'll just have to try and think it must have been a bad day for him. Hopefully by tomorrow he'll be nice (if he ever is :lol: ).

I hope you get some answers to those questions you have and that the doc can reassure you,

sending massive hugs and positive vibes,
:hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
931 Posts
(((((((((((Peta))))))))))))) :hugbetter:

I'm so sorry to hear the lupus is flaring again.... :(

It is truly horrible and incredibly scary to have treatment after treatment failing... I remember feeling so lost and desperate when rituxan failed... I didn't know what to do, what to think. Definitely a very difficult situation to be in; but not an absolute dead-end, although it may appear thus at first. IV steroids are always an option to get things under some sort of control. Have you had a full cycle of cytoxan recently? IVIG?

As for the doctor being angry at you, and assuming this is unusual behaviour for him/her, sometimes situations like these can be hard on the docs too that very much want to help their patients. My docs certainly got incredibly frustrated when treatments failed, at times more frustrated than I was, and it was very hard for me to understand until they explained to me that it's very challenging and sad for them too when a patient isn't doing well... Or he may have simply been having a bad day... In any case, he seems to be taking you very seriously and that is very very important...

Sending you loads of hugs and keeping my fingers, eyes and toes crossed for you :grouphug2: :grhug: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Hang in there Peta...

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
sorry to hear you still have symptoms - actually I found that rituxan did nothing for my severe balance loss of my nerve damage, so for me it was a pretty mixed bag.

fingers crossed they will be able to sort things out pretty quickly - I have numbness in my lips - and it has spread along my jawline and into my ear. I guess I have just got used to it being numb.

hope you feel better soon,

raglet

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Shame on your doctor........

I don't know what treatment they can give you, but I will keep you in my prayers and hope that your hospital stay results in some good effects.

Wishing you well

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Peta

Im very sorry this is happening to you and sending you best wishes and positive thoughts. It must be so worrying for you :worried:

When you said:
I just got off the phone with my Doctor, all he did was get angry with me for contacting him earlier in the week.
did you mean to write that your doctor got angry for NOT contacting him earlier in the week? I was just a bit confused, especially with his fast response when you did contact him.

I hope they can help you in the hospital and when you get a chance please let us know how you are.

Lots of love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you far all your kind words and support. I am off to the Drs now. I will let you know how I go.

I did mean he got angry for NOT contacting him earlier. I just wait and see a little while in case my symptoms go away. In htis case they didnt.

Peta

·
11,409 Posts
((((Peta))))

Sending postive thoughts and good vibs for you.:goodvibes::goodvibes:

Please let us know how you are doing.
:foryou:
Lyn

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good Luck Peta

I worry for you, I worry because these symptoms are so familiar to my daughter. I hope they are able to get you symptoms under controll quickly.

Sharon

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((peta))))))

I'm so sorry to hear this :sad: you must be so distressed with the whole situation :worried:

I wish you lot's of luck & will keep you in my thought's.
please keep us updated,we are all here for you.

sending you lot's of healing hugs :there: :hug:
take good are..karen x

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
((((( Peta )))))

Poor baby, this is hard to take. I hope your doctor will find a treatment that gives you relief.

Keeping you in my thoughts,
Sunny

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Peta,

I am sorry your having so many symptoms again. I hope and will pray the very best for you. Please get back to us and let us know how your treatment goes..

Hopefully, this time the treament will knock out the flare for a long while..

Maybe, your Dr. will apologize to you for getting angry with you. That once happend to me, and after that, we have had a great relationship..I hope he does, because he must realise that your going through a rough time of it. He probably just had a bad patch himself.

Love,
Sandy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts