The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
doesnt matter what i do i cant either get off or im waking up then down here all night,

wide awake but tired if that makes sence ,i hate this, why cant it just be easy to sleep all nights. does anyone else have problems sleeping??:sad:

:hehe: Lin xxx

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Hi lin

First of all i am so sorry you cant sleep at night((((((((((hugs))))))))).Maybe you could ring your doctor and see if you can get something to help you sleep.I have had that problem in the past and i know many others have.I sure hope you can figure out what to do or get to help you sleep.There is nothing worse then not able to sleep(((hugs))).I sure hope you can get some sleep:sad:and soon to ((((hugs))).

Tammy

·
11,410 Posts
(((Lin)))

I am sorry that you are not sleeping.

I think you should contact your doctor and tell him that you are not sleeping.

When I saw my GP this week he was very concerned that I was not sleeping. He gave me some lorzapam to help me sleep. It has helped me. Our bodies need sleep and when we don't get it, it makes the pain all that much worse. Plus our bodies can't heal without sleep.

I hope you get a good nights sleep soon.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Pain, anxiety, depression, side effects of medications, and stress can all interfere with getting to sleep or staying to sleep. And as has already been said... not getting sleep will make pain worse AND all other things worse too. I will take maximum dose over-the-counter Benadryl at night sometimes to help me sleep and it conks me out for longer than my Ambien ( I use only a few days at a time every now and then).

There are a lot of options to help with sleep, including actual sleep aids, over the counter medication, low dose amitriptyline, practicing good sleep habits, good pain control, and likely more than this. Definitely something to discuss with your doctor if it bothers you for much over a week or two; otherwise it can become a self-perpetuating problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
sleep problems

Dear Lin,
Just to add to the others comments, do go to your doctor for help with this.
I spent many months feeling washed out and snappy with everyone until my GP suggested Low dose of Amitriptyline and boy has that made a difference.
But you must remember to take it at least half hour before you intend to go to bed as it can leave you feeling tired in the morning!:rolleyes:
Once you can get back to a regular sleeping pattern you stop worying about it and on the plus sign if you wake with pain it does seem to help that.
Take care
Sue

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maia;527937 said:
Pain, anxiety, depression, side effects of medications, and stress can all interfere with getting to sleep or staying to sleep. And as has already been said... not getting sleep will make pain worse AND all other things worse too. I will take maximum dose over-the-counter Benadryl at night sometimes to help me sleep and it conks me out for longer than my Ambien ( I use only a few days at a time every now and then).

There are a lot of options to help with sleep, including actual sleep aids, over the counter medication, low dose amitriptyline, practicing good sleep habits, good pain control, and likely more than this. Definitely something to discuss with your doctor if it bothers you for much over a week or two;

otherwise it can become a self-perpetuating problem.

Thanks for your words of wisdom thanks, will be chatting to the consultant next week daughter not happy either im not sleeping, i cant help it i wont even have sleep in day if i dont sleep at night,

As for Amitriptyline have been on that for few yrs now, dr changed it to Doxipen 25mg low dose........... don't like anyhting over counter last time wanted something for my reall bad cold, they wouldnt give me anything cos of BP meds,

thanks anyway will ask next week rheumy xxxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Lin

Im really sorry to hear you arent sleeping. Your body must be totally exhausted at this stage and of course it is not good for us to have little or no sleep. It might be caused by medication side effects.

I have sleep problems as well and use a product called Kalms Sleep which works really well for me. I am on three different BP meds (Coversyl (perindopril), Amlist (Amlodipine) and Cardicor (Bisoprolol) and have no problems with Kalms Sleep. Here are the ingredients in Kalms Sleep

Each tablet contains:
ActiveIngredients:
powdered Valerian - 45mg
Dry extract from - 180mg
Powdered Passiflora - 16.82mg
Dry Extract from - 90mg
Powdered Wild Lettuce - 22.5mg
Vervain Powder - 60mg
Powdered Hops Ph Eur - 30mg

Maybe you could check with your Pharmacist and see what they say?

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joan thank you for that lovey, will ask them cheers , oh i got sleep last night well this morning must have been aroung 2 40am. so not to bad hey lol:hehe:

Thanks again Lin xx

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I think we all have had sleep problems.

I have Ambien that I take as needed.

Sometimes I am just up thinking.....thinking....thinking.......and the mind won't stop.

Other times I am up because pain level is too high to sleep.

It truly stinks and yes, maybe your doc needs to change the med for you.

Sleeping is so important.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
My two greatest comforts when not sleeping are the World Service on the Radio and the pet Java Dove we keep in the bedroom. She is great company but I appreciate this would not by everybody's choice of pet.

Isn't it awful when you lay there, you have had tablets, your legs won't work and you could murder a hot drink. I daren't even take a flask upstairs as I am so shaky at night I would scald myself. Hubby sleeps VERY soundly so no help there.
x Lola

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Lin,

Yes, it seems to be a common problem with this lupus. I have found the best thing is if you can't sleep get up for awhile and do a little whatever it might be and with hope you get tired enough to go back to bed. I have a tv in my room i run all night just for times that I can't sleep so I find something boring and hope it puts me back to sleep. You have to find what works for you ( and I hope it is soon) in the mean time we are here the non sleepers. Most of us think it is just us but I have found that it seems to be common in this site the not being able to sleep. While others could sleep all day and all night go figure that one lol.

Tammy

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes i know tammy lol,,,, just one of them things hey, well i must have had 5 hrs on and off last two nights so not to bad i htink, can cope with that

woke up again feeling sickly, i keep thinking im sure something must be going round cant keep feeling like this lol :hehe:

Lin xxxxxx

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Lin,

I hope you feel better soon. I hope you can sleep too..

oxSandy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts