TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i was just looking up some information about lupus and found this site, my mum has had lupus for a long time but in our ignorance we haven't always taken her seriously, it hasn't become to much of a problem for her til now. i feel really bad about that as she has just had a kidney biopsy and we're waiting for the results and i have to be honest i'm scared.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had Lupus for 25 years. It has taken a long time to get my family and friends to understand, and still many of my relatives still don't take me seriously. The main thing is that you know now, and when you know better, you always do better. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mom.
CarolineTiffany

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Les,
I expect your Mum has never made very much of her symptoms. To be honest we don't especially with our children. I hope she will do well. Lupus is unpleasant and your support will be a great help. You are always welcome here,so try not to be too anxious.
x Lola

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was good to get replys, thanks. I am trying to find out as much as possible to be able to do my best for mum now. Thanks for your support. les

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Les,

I too grew up with a Mum who had/has dermatomyositis and lupus. It is very difficult as a child to realise the extent of how an illness affects a person. Children just are not quite in tune with that to that extent - And, don't get me wrong, they shouldn't be!!

We do all also try and hide a lot of what is going on with us. From the outside world but also from our kids. We obviously don't want it affecting family life more than it already does and we don't want life to be ruled by being ill. We "have" lupus, but it doesn't "have" us! :)

I hope that your Mum gets the biospy results quickly and that she gets good treatment quickly if they're not good.

Good luck to her and hugs to you both,
:hug:
Katharine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts