The Lupus Forum banner

Just to say hello to all

798 views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  sunflowergirl2 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Until a couple days ago I hadn't posted in several months. I finished the cyclosporine infusions in September and have had pretty good results from them. I still have some inflammation but we have decided to delay any additional infusions for now. Lots of things are better in my life. I even had softening in my hands as a result of the chemo. The main concern was my lungs being affected by the Scleroderma.

I am still having real problems with my shoulder and that makes typing painful after awhile. That is part of the reason I haven't been around. I do miss all of you and am trying to start popping in at least for short amounts of time. I have had an MRI on my neck and do have some issues that are contributing to the pain but nothing significant and I will NOT be having surgery. I have had spinal stenosis for at least 20 years probably longer. The normal curvature of the spine in the neck and top of my shoulders is gone and that is putting some stress on the nerves. My rheumy gave me one injection in one shoulder joint which as help a tiny bit. I see my pain doctor a week from Monday. Now that the cyclo is behind me we can discuss what further testing needs to be done. I am a bit concerned that it may be my rotator cuff but I am focusing my attention elsewhere since that possibility won't be explored till my appointment.

I hope everyone is plugging along.

Take care,
Karen

See less See more
#3 ·
(((Karen))) It's so good to hear from you again and I'm glad you found some improvement with the cytoxan treatments. I had been wondering about you just this last week and here you are posting again - what timing!

Take care of yourself & I hope the improvement keeps on coming... :)

#4 ·
Hi Karen,

Great to hear from you! I'm really glad you have had some benifit from all those meds, and hope that carries on.

It sounds like you've still got a lot to contend with though:(.

Hang in there and I hope winter is kind to you:blush:

(((((((((((((((Karen)))))))))))

X C X

#5 ·
Karen :) It is a real pleasure to hear from you again. Your voice has been missed here. I am very glad too that there is some improvement. I am hoping you'll be able to visit more often.
Many hugs
clare

#6 ·
Hi Karen

Its great to hear from you:) Im glad you have finished the cyclo and the very best of luck with your appointment next Monday. I hope something can be worked out to help with that shoulder pain :hugbetter:

Let us know how it goes. Hope to see you again soon.

Much love and take good care
Joan:rose:

#7 ·
Hi Karen,:)

It is great to hear from you. I have been wondering how you are doing. I am happy to hear that you are seeing some improvement.

You have been missed here on the board. Take care and I hope to see you more often when you feel up to it.
Love,
Lyn

#8 ·
Hey Karen,

It's wonderful to hear from you!! :) I'm glad the cyclo infusions are over for now and that they seem to have helped your scleroderma somewhat!

I hope your appointment on Monday goes well... :)

Sending you loads of hugs :grouphug2: :grhug:

:flowery:

Zoi

#9 ·
Hi Karen, it's great to hear from you again and that you seem to be doing quite a bit better :)

I hope that you can find some relief from that shoulder thing and that all the rest continues to remain stable, at the very least.

Good luck for your pain appointment,
Katharine

#11 ·
Hi Karen,

I am happy to see that you are doing well enough to post (at least a little) again. You sure have been missed on the boards and in chat. Hopefully your treatments keep things from progressing for a long time.

Good luck with your appointment on Monday.

Take care,
Lazylegs

#12 ·
Hi Karen :wavesmile:

Lovely to hear from you again and also that you have had at least some help from the chemo :hug:

I hope that they can sort out your other concerns with time and that you will be able to come here a bit more often............we miss you :p

take care,

lots of love,

Lily

#13 ·
Hi Karen,

It is good hearing from you again. Glad to hear your hands are softening, so
you can type easier. I hope your other symptoms also, improve.

Best wishes for continued improvent. :)

Love,
Sandy

#14 ·
Karen it is so nice to see you come on and give an update and to say hello.

You are missed here !

So sending you hugs and thoughts and prayers your way.

#18 ·
Thank you all for your kind words. I see my pain doctor on Monday, so I hope to find out what direction she wants to go now. Thank heavens for Lidoderm patches or I wouldn't be able to type or move the mouse without excrutiating pain.

Take care,
Karen

#20 ·
hi Karen

glad to hear that you are experiencing improvement in some parts of your life.

nice to have you back on the board again

cheers

raglet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.