The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi out there any of you Irish watchers of RTE.

Did any of you see Tubridy Tonight last night? Its a chat show hosted by Ryan Tubridy.

Well he had Kathleen Turner on and she was talking about living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, how ill it made her and how she was afraid to tell film directors she had it as they wouldnt give any body a job who had an illness.

She said she was on medication. Didnt say which, have just googled it and it says she takes Celebrex and Minocycline. She said how important exercise is to keep her going and how depressed she had been in the past etc.

Anyway if you can get the repeat program goes out during the week, had a quick look at www.rte.ie but couldnt find the day it is shown.

She is book signing in Hughes and Hughes bookshop today. Dont ask which one I wasnt paying attention!

Primrose:)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I heard her interviewed on BBC Radio 4 and was very struck by her saying that her clumsiness, gait and general demeanour made people think she was drunk or drugged. As far as employment prospects went it was better in Hollywood to have the reputation of some sort of addict or mentally ill than to admit to a chronic rheumatic disease. I have heard the same of lupus.

I think it was a well known basbeall player who said he only 'came out' with his lupus when he was unable to play anymore, because he knew his earnings would be affected.
A sad reflection on this world, isn't it.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Primrose

I just caught some of it last night. I was also struck by how she had to hide her condition lest it affect her job prospects. I was also struck by how she described a life of pain and fatigue.

The book signing is happening right about now so no point in anyone rushing out to get there! :lol: It's in the St. Stephens Green Centre Hughes & Hughes Book Store.

From looking up todays listings on RTE 1 it seems the Tubridy Show is repeated tonight (Sunday) at 23.55 hours.

Cheers
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
She was also on 'The One Show' on BBC1 the other night but only mentioned it briefly. They were also doing a study on how Omega 3 can lower cholesteral and aid joint inflammation and that's when she mentioned her RA.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts