The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Brenda
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a youtube video about someone with lupus. She said she started ketamine injections for pain. From what I understood from her, it doesn't get rid of the pain it just makes you not care that you are in pain. She said it is what they give children in the ER when they have to set a broken bone. She said it made her overdo things and she was in trouble later. But I'm not getting good pain control on hydrocodone 7.5/5x a day and I really don't want to go up to oxy. Has anyone tried this or known of anyone who did?

·
11,410 Posts
I haven't heard about this med.
From the sounds of it, it makes a person lupie and you over do things and pay for it later.
I don't think I would try it.
Have you talked to your rhumey about pain control? Do you go to a pain management doctor?
Im sorry you are in so much pain. It isn't easy to live with.
Take care,
Lyn

·
Brenda
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to my rhumy about it yesteday and he says he, too, has been following ketamine treatment. He said he didn't know how much he thought it would work for lupus but it is doing great things for fibro. He says it can "reset" the pain receptors and give real relief to people who are are suffering with fibro. He gave me a link to look at but I can't remember if links are allowed here or not. Thanks for the response :) As for my pain, he started me on xeljanz. I pray it helps.

·
11,410 Posts
Sounds good for people with fibro and I hope it works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts