TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I are finally taking our vacation to Key West, Florida! This is something we have been wanting to do for years! This year he turned 50 and it's our 25th wedding anniversary, so we just decided to DO IT! 8)

The problem is that I'm not 100% and am not sure that I'll be able to keep up and do the walking that's involved ( Key West is 2 miles by 4 miles - so you walk or ride a bike everywhere. ) or take the heat. :(

We both love snorkeling :swim: and the laid back atmosphere that they have there. Island time, I believe it's called. That's my kind of time, for sure.

I've already packed two tons of sunscreen, my BIG hat, umbrella and gauze overshirt with sleeves. :sunny: Now if I could just pack a bottle of ENERGY!

I'm telling you all this because after finally coming back on here after being absent...now I'm taking off again! How rude, right. So don't worry about me if I'm absent...I'll be back. Hopefully better off than when I left too!

So friends, what do you want me to bring you in the way of a souvenier? A slice of key lime pie maybe?? :eat:

Be good while I'm gone! Pollyanna :love2: :champagne: :yahoo:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I hope you have tons of fun pollyanna!!!
As for energy and the sun, just take it easy, maybe take afternoon naps, when i went to mexico with my family, my sister would take nice afternoon naps at the hottest sunnyest part of the day with me, and we would just stay up and enjoy the night life a bit longer:wink2: :wink2:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just don't do what I did one year while snorkling (before I was sick). I had a friend with me on a trip to Hawaii and was really stroked over having someone to put sunscreen on my back. The only problem was.... I forgot my legs. The back top of my legs burned all the way up to my , um - pattotie. :lol: I lost a day and a half of vacation to not being able to sit or even hardly move. And the whale watch trip was rather painful.

Have fun!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I know you will have a wonderful time and you and hubby need to get away and celebrate. Please let us no how it went when you get back and take pictures lol.

JEN

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Enjoy - we certainly had a great time while there. It was pre-lupus but we did drive to quite a few places including the dog beach for our Newfoundland dog to get a chance to swim in the ocean ;)

I still remember that trip fondly and I'm sure you will too!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey, don't give up on driving a little bit you can do that on days when you are really tired, just to go to certain spots, like maybe Hemmingway's house or to a restaurant. On the days when you have more energy, put on all your sun gear and start walking and stop and sit several times or plan to stop in and have a bite of the local treats. I loved it, now it got hot but there was an almost constant breeze blowing when I went. enjoy everything and do, oh do bring me home a piece of the real key lime pie, or an eat it raw t-shirt from the oyster bar.:hehe: Karly, hope you have a wonderful time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
neveer been to the islands. but it sound wonderful. i know you will have a great time. it is beautiful there i read alot so have fun and doeat lotsof key lime pie ibet is taste sooo good there. waiting for a report.. balmy breezes .sue8)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Chantal - that's a real good idea! I understand they do something called the "Duval Crawl" where you go down Duval Street and hit some of the many bars there. :coffee: I sure hope they serve something besides beer!

You're all so lovely to respond to my post. Thank you :thanx: for taking the time. I'll be very careful not to burn my patootie or whatever else Jirel! You're too funny. :lol:

Karley, it sounds like you've been a time or two. And I'll be happy to eat one raw...since I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay; I LOVE raw oysters! :wink2:

I've done nothing but sleep since Friday...except for last night when I got up and came on here. Maybe I'll get all my exhaustion out and catch up on the sleep before we go. :yawn: I hope so anyway. We don't leave for another five days - plenty of time to catch up on sleep!

Love ya! Pollyanna :love:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts