The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sheila
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my kidney doctor today and she has requested that I have a kidney biopsy done. I am going in on the 29th of this month to have it done.

The doctor has said that I have only 40% of my kidneys working and she is almost certain that it is due to my sjogrens. After she gets the results which should take 2 - 3 weeks to get back, she will most likely put me on high dosage of steroids.

I am also having a CT Scan on my adrenal gland.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Good luck with those tests - hopefully it will be treatable. Interesting that she feels the kidney damage is due to Sjorgen's - we don't hear about that here very often. Treatment must be different for Sjorgen's vs. lupus kidney problems; people here usually have Cytoxan or more recently Cellcept to treat it. There has been a lot of success reported too - with kidney functioning returning to very healthy levels. I hope treatment works just as well for you.

Out of curiosity only - what have the results been on the various urinalysis and blood tests for kidney functioning? I'd be interested to know what makes her think it's Sjorgen's too (maybe it's just because that's your dx at the moment?)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Sheila,

I hope your biopsy goes well. I wish you peace of mind, and an easy go of it with all your tests. :)

Please let us know how you do with your treatment.

Best Wishes,
Sandy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Good luck with your biopsy Sheila :luck:

love
Lily

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Hi Sheila,

I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

To go along with Maia's list of medications, some doctors are using Rituxan. Hopefully your doctor will find the right one for you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts