TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
just a quick question. couple of weeks ago i had the start of what i assume was a flared up of symptoms. then day before i was due t be chief bridesmaid for my mate, i was sent home from work. The pain was unbearable,i was crying my eyes out:(. i knew instantly i had kidney infection. I have suffered with it before and been hospitalzed twice . because i couldnt move once i finaly got home i couldnt get to dr i called them no one would come out as they had booked all call out appts . so i drank loads of cranberry and took extra pain relief, somehow mannaged to get through wedding and suffered for it on sunday. Monday i went dr. he said i had chronic cystitis ( wrong) i explained whats been going on and told him that the usual pain releif regime i am on wasnt touching pain . HE REFUSED to up my pain relief. My joints ache sooo much and i am now tired again all time. Is it normal to suffer like this after infection , are kidneys affected like this , and should i mention to rheumy about this episode.
S orry this ended up longer than i thought.:hehe:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry wrong forum meant to be not diagnosed yet. brain fog. again

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Angie :)

I've moved your thread for you - I think you could have out it in symptoms actually but as I presume you want the "context" of you not yet being diagnosed I've put it here.

Katharine

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Angie,

Cystitis is a very painful and chronic bladder condition, not really anything to do with your kidneys. Have you seen a Urologist? They would be the best ones to treat this if it's an ongoing thing for you. There are meds they can give you and they will investigate it more thoroughly than your GP, after all you do want to make sure that's what it is.

Sending hugs, I used to get this many many years ago but my Lupus was in remission at the time.

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Angie:

Hi, I have had Lupus for a while and have just been told I have kidney involvement. For me I can say that if I had no real symptoms that my kidneys were involved...I had no unusuall infections, no pain or discomfort, just some swelling in my eye lids, hands and feet (not even really excessive).

I have in the past had kidney stones which caused such pain as you are describing...I cannot answer about the cystitis as I have no experience with it at all.

I would second Lily's suggestion that you see a urologist...they are the ones that can DX anything like this and offer treatment. If it is your kidneys then they will refer you to a nephrologist.

Best of luck, I hope you feel better soon - Stephanie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts