The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new printer for the kids today ...... well I just got it home and out of the box when the inevitable happened.

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My husband got home from a trip and unpacked the suitcase, he left it out as we are going on a family holiday on Friday and just need to re-pack...so that's where one of my kitties have spent the last three days!

I love them, they have so much personality.

Love Stephanie

·
Registered
553 Posts
Um I have a cat like that. She has on occasion tried to pack herself in my husbands suitcase once or twice. She has been known to sit in wicker baskets... anything really.

Claire

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
raglet, i think she wants to play hide and seek. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
omg Claire, our cats really are twins. My cat's bed is a wicker basket we got a Christmas hamper in - we tried to turn it into a fruit bowl for a while but we got sick of her sitting on top of the apples and gave up.

gotta love those cats .....

raglet

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cats are great... they make you laugh by doing the most amazingly funny things they tend to time it so well for when you need a laugh. She also has a habit of pinching my hubby's bean bag chair too!

Claire

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stephanie - we call Sammie (the cat in the box) 'the bag lady'. She sits of any and every bag she can get her hands on, even if it is a teeny tiny bag that disappears completely under her body, she still has to sit on it. She will even sit on plastic bags if she spots one, she is totally crazy.

Honestly, it is a miracle I didn't accidently pack her on my trip to Canada I had to chuck her out of my bag that many times!

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
62 Posts
so cute !! kitties are great... I've got a 22 pounder here... He runs the show in this house..

Dogs have masters, cats have 'staff'... LOL

·
Registered
553 Posts
Raglet..... Molly the kitty in the basket also has a thing for bags too, normally carrier bags and has done since being a kitten... As you say they could almost be twins

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Claire, I just had to post a picture of Sammie in her basket - just like your kitty, honestly these cats must be related!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Lol Raglet... they must be related!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Raglet ...

that is one guilty looking cat in the box!

Perhaps all you cat lovers can tell me how to sort out my cat's back legs?

She is long haired and does not groom the 'feathers' high up on her back legs. As a consequence she gets big matted lumps of fur there, which i have to cut out and she loathes it. It is like a flipping wrestling match trying to pin her down.

She also collects bits of twigs and other debris there and in her fluffy tail. I have had to pull slugs out before now becasue when she was trying to get them out she was as near to 'heaving' as a cat can get. She must just sit on them, but can't stand to get them out with her teeth / tongue. she quite literally gags.

She is not particulalry unclean or smelley, just scraggy. She washes her face like there's no tomorrow, but not the bits mentioned. I have noticed that she does have a really good wash when she comes in from the rain. Do you think, if I were to spray water high up her back legs it might encourage her to groom there?

All suggestions gratefully considered.

:love:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Alwin,
I have a big fluffy (part Maine ****) so I can relate... I'm not sure if this help develop into a habit for her, but try 'wetting' those areas with a wash cloth, cats tend to want to clean up wet areas... not sure if she'll continue to take of them though... grooming is usually 50% of their day but I've always had indoor cats...perhaps diff with outdoor kitties. Maybe try easing her into a daily brushing, it may take awhile, (few strokes at first) Might help her get the stuff out if her fur is smooth and untangled... some kitties just won't have anything to do with brushing at first, but mine quickly developed an 'addiction' and cries until I get the brush.... LOL
If this is a new thing for her, you may want to investigate it further... are all other systems good ?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there are grooming gloves that you can buy which can ease a cat into accepting a brush, as the glove molds to their body like a hand and is rather like being stroked.

Thankfully my cats haven't needed grooming - although with one of my older cats who has a dash of long hair in her (probably part persian) I have lately had to start helping her out with her grooming. With her, it is just old age, she is not as nimble at reaching all those places she used to get to - she doesn't seem to do her chest very well.

One of my dogs is a whole other story and he takes a bunch of grooming (golden retreiver). He adores it, and I use a metal comb with him.

good luck with that kitty

raglet

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Blue that seems a far better idea (wash cloth). Thinking about it, if i were to squirt Bubble with water she would probably tear my face off!

She lets me brush her until i go near her rear end, then she starts to get a bit hissy. She loves being stroked and will nuzzle right under your chin to force you into giving her attention.

She doesn't seem to be having any trouble at the back end ... all is clean ... except for bits she has picked up off the ground.

Raglet - will look out for glove - I think my sister mentioned something similar a while back. Sounds like just the thing for her.

I often wonder if she is a bit scruffy because she was taken from her mum too soon. Perhpas she did not have long enough with her to learn how to look after herself in that department. She is a rescue cat, and was brought up wild, but given to me when she was only just 3 months old.

I let her outside as soon as she recovered from being sterilised and ever since she spends an awful lot of her time outside hunting and bringing things back into the house to kill (in front of the TV as a rule).

I was worried about her going out because she is not a big cat and my neighbour has a massive Tom. According to my neighbour Bubble battered their Tom the first time she set eyes on him and he flees in a panic if he sees her now!

Strange creatures, cats.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Go bubble !!!!! Sounds like she has a great attitude.

I am delighted to say that our local 'feline fiend' has just moved out of the area, and is no doubt terrorising poor innocent moggies in another suburb.

It's so nice that my cats no longer have scabs all over their heads where they have been bitten, not to mention the severe bite to the tail (exposed bone, two weeks in a bandage on house arrest plus $400 to boot) suffered by Sammie, our cat with the bag/basket/box obcession.

Honestly, I have far too many animals (2 dogs, 3 cats), but I love them all.

cheers

raglet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts