The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As some of you know I've been having a flare since the New Year, it's still going on but the main thing bothering me is pain in both my knees.

This has only started in the last few days. It's not the joint but the tissue around it going 4 inches above and below the knee. It's like someone keeps hitting me with a baseball bat. The left leg is more affected than the right and when I stand I have a strange dragging feeling in the knee cap.

There is no swelling or redness but the tissue is tender to touch. It's waking me at night and I can hardly move my knee. The Naproxen is only taking the edge off it and I'm not walking properly.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, I'd be grateful for any advice as it really is getting me down.

Hubby was at the doc yesterday and happened to see my GP - Hubby told him how I was feeling and that I was trying to avoid going on steroids. The doc said they could think about injecting into the muscle. Is this steroid injections? I don't know how I feel about that as the pain is over such a general area. Funny thing was that although the appointment was for him they spent most of it talking about me :lol: . Hubby hadn't even sat down and the doc said 'So how is she doing?'. I was secretly quite chuffed. Just as well Hubby wasn't in for anything serious. :wink2:

Hope you're all having a peaceful weekend.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

· Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Becca and Lily, :grouphug2:

I really appreciate your replies. I'm still experiencing the pain though not as constant as it was. I've gone back to accupuncture which is beginning to help.

Becca - I don't have Fibro, my doc just thinks it's myalgia as part of the lupus.

I think I may have to bite the bullet and go for the injections just to get me over the worst of this.

Thanks again,

Pam xxx

· Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Elisabeth & Chubby,

Thanks for the replies. I'm going for accupuncture tomorrow so I'm going to see how that goes, if there is no improvement then I will go and see about the injections. I tend to put off the inevitable for as long as possible. :hehe:

Elisabeth - I hope you feel the benefit soon. I've had similar injections before so I know how painful they can be initially. :hug:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

· Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went for accupuncture today and mentioned the knee pain to my physio. On examination she found the left knee was definately the most affected and was quite hot.

She also found that my hamstring had shortened slightly due to me protecting it too much. I've also been sitting with a pillow under my knees at night which she said was also a no no!

She gave me some laser therapy before the accupuncture which we will repeat next week. I've also got some gentle stretching to do every day. Otherwise she recommended the injections.

Only wish I'd shaved my legs before I went and wasn't wearing Hubby's sports socks! Classy chick or what..........:lol:

· Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What can I say - I ain't no classy chick!

I had a Gyn appointment today.......BOY was I 'well groomed' for that! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Took my mind off the knee pain too :lol:

· Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That would be the one involving glitter ????????? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.