The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew what these mean and should I be concerned?

Low RBC 2.99
Low HGB 9.5
Low HCT 28.9

Thanks
~Angela

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Has your doctor discussed these results with you? They all have to do with your red blood cells, and can indicate anemia. The most important thing to do following these tests is to discuss them with your doctor and determine the reason for them (simple dietary related anemia, blood loss, autoimmune associated anemia... and more are all possibilities).

They aren't so low that immediate action must be taken, but your doctor really should discuss this with you at some point. Especially if you're having symptoms of anemia too - the sooner the better!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replys,
My rhumie called me and said these were low,, so he wants me to go to my hematologist tomorrow, but he sounded very concerned so i got upset, I'm trying not to worry to much,I just have to wait until tomorrow to find out what is going on,, just dont know what to expect,, treatment wise.
thanks again I always feel better when I come here :)
~Angela

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm glad you spoke with your doctor... please keep us updated on what happens. I'm glad you can be seen so quickly by the hematologist...

·
Jyneal
84 Posts
Pokey,
Going to a hemotologist isn't so bad. I have one too. Evrey now and again my levels drop off. I become anemic. I have to take daily iron supplements to try to bring it back up. I also had to have an iron infussion, because the iron tablets was not getting the job done. They also want to check and see if you need plasma or blood. Don't stress out over it, because it isn't worth it. Good luck and have a nice day.
Jyneal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts