The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following link gives the latest guidance for rheumatologists on the Covid 19 vaccines with the medications we take https://www.rheumatology.org/Portal...nical-Guidance-Rheumatic-Diseases-Summary.pdf Notice that all throughout they say for the physician to tailor it to the individual patient and their disease activity. Most medications don't need any modifications with timing but a few do to increase the effectiveness.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not sure what to do as I'm always on >20mg of prednisone, Plaquenil, cyclosporine, and imuran. I doubt I would launch a response -and if I did a modest one, it takes about nothing to spur on a flare. I appreciate your posting this. Thanks!

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are definitely one of the people needing advice from your doctor. Mine was honest and said she didn't know if the vaccine would set off a flare but she felt that any coverage was better than none. Getting enough coverage to block serious disease is our goal.
Good luck with your decision.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
423 Posts
You are definitely one of the people needing advice from your doctor. Mine was honest and said she didn't know if the vaccine would set off a flare but she felt that any coverage was better than none. Getting enough coverage to block serious disease is our goal.
Good luck with your decision.

Take care,
Lazylegs
Hi Lazylegs. Been looking for this site for ages and just found this one. Wanting to find out about getting the covid jab with all of you on here. I can’t take meds at all for Lupus, RA, got other illnesses as well. The meds make me ill so I’m not covered. I have steroid injections now and again but wouldn’t do this time coz of covid. Don’t know what to do
Hope you are well
Keep safe
Wolf1

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your doctor would know better than I would. I've done quite a bit of research and most articles say the guidelines are taken from other vaccines because the data just isn't out there yet for autoimmune diseases. A few studies are starting but it will take time to get the results. The people I know with Lupus, RA and Scleroderma have tolerated the shot pretty well. No major flares, but we are all different.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts