The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know that i am lnot going to be around much for couple weeks or so because i am going to help my younger sister with life and her kids .She is having a tuff time with the chemo and this wednsday starts radiation.I could use some good thoughts and prayers that i am able to feel good enough and that i try not to overdue things myself while i am there.I know i have not been here for anyone for quite awhile but i am always thinking about everyone in here.Thanks For all your support and very caring words.I will let you know when i get back and how things went in michigan.Not sure yet if the cancer is gone completly in the left breast but sure hoping it is.

Tammy

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Hi Tammy,

I hope your trip is safe, and easy for you. I hope you manage to stay healthy, and be of a big help to your sister.

She is blessed to have you as her sister. I also, hope and will pray, that the chemo and radiation has stopped the disease.

Please take care of yourself friend.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Tammy

Have a safe journey to your sisters and I hope that you both get to share some good quality time together. Its great that she has you for support and help in her time of need. Build in lots of little rest times for yourself as well. In the long run this will stand to you both.

I will pray that she recovers fully. It must be such an emotional time for you all :hug:

What age are the kids? I can see a little chore list looming :) Give them little goals and targets and get them involved in helping out. Kids love it and they can get lovely rewards with story times, play times, etc.

Many hugs Tammy and take extra care of you
Love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Dear Tammy,

Best of luck to your sister and Please check in with us when you get back.

I will say a prayer for you and your family.:wink2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Dear Tammy,

I will be thinking of you and your sister. Hugs to bth of you,

:hug:
Katharine

·
Administrator
10,196 Posts
Hi Tammy,

I am sending you good thoughts, prayers, vibes and whatever else I can think of to make life easier for both you and your sister.

I have missed talking to you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'll be thinking of you and your sister and praying that the treatment has eradicated that cancer, and that you are able to cope well with the extra tasks you're taking on as well.

(((Hugs))) to you both and her kids too!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Tammy,

I am sorry your sister is having such a bad time... My prayers will be with you and your sister and her family.... I am sure you will feel better knowing you are there for her... Take care... She is very lucky and I am sure she knows it.. To have such a wonderful sister...

Love Penny

ps... wish you were mine...

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Tammy,
My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family at this time of need and strength. I hope for you that you have a good time with plenty of energy to handle what you must. If you need to talk just leave a message and I am here for you as I'm sure so many more are, remember you are not alone even in Michigan!
Tammy(onetay)

·
Registered
631 Posts
((((Tammy))))

I'm praying for you and your family and I hope everything goes well with your sister. sending you lots of hugs and well wishes. Please remember to look after yourself too!!!
Take care
Elle x

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am backkkkkkkkkk lol Hi everyone

I made it back okay at about 3:45 pm.Thank you everyone whom replyed to my post.It means an awful lot to me to get so much suppport from so many(((((hugs)))).Everything went real good up there in michigan.I felt good enough to do whatever my sister asked of me to do.I got up with the kids at 7:00 every morning to help get the kids ready to go to school and then took them to school and came back to start whatever it was she needed me to do and some days i did make myself take a nap.It was real hard to leave today because i really got to know my sister all over again if you know what i mean.She lives like seven and a half hours away from me.Her kids are like eight year old girl and seven year old boy.They keep her hopping when im not there with there extra activities every day.I sure wish in some ways i could of stayed longer because she is starting radiation finally this week which will be five days a week for seven weeks :(.I do know she will be okay with all the prayers from everyone here((((huigs))).Thanks again to everyone in here and sure hope and pray that everyone is doing good in here(((((hugs))))).I will let you know how the outcome of the cancer is after the radiation is all over with for sure.
Lots of ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))
Tammy)

Tammy

P.s
Penny i sure wish i was your sister to :)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome back Tammy !

You have done a fantastic job there. Now rest up won't you - sometimes we run on sheer adrenalin and this can take its toll afterwards.
I hope your own family's doing well.
I will continue to keep your sister in my hopeful thoughts. That's more radiation than I have ever heard of.
Take best care of yourself please

Many Hugs
Clare

·
Administrator
10,196 Posts
Hi Tammy,

It is great to have you back. Things must seem quiet at your house compared to being at your sister's. Try to get some rest, holidays are just around the corner.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
580 Posts
welcome back Mcfamily, please let your sister know that shes in our prayers.

Hope everything turns out good for her.:):)

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Glad that you went and everything seems to be coming along. Rest up and take care of yourself.

I will say a prayer for you and your sis and for her to be in remission soon.

Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
(((((((((((Tammy))))))))))))) im so glad you got over to stay with sis bless you, i know you needed to do this, but plase nowtake care of you.
clare is so right, i know its easier said than done.

welcome back dear friend, i will be thinking of your sis too
hugs Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Welcome back Tammy! :bigsmile: Your sister is so lucky to have you :)

I still have everything crossed for a good outcome for her.

take care and lots of rest young lady as you would say to me :p

love
Lily

1 - 18 of 18 Posts