TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don't know if any one out there has ever had this. Number of days ago I stared getting blisters on my hands. Next day bumps on left side of my face. Followng day more blisters on hands (mainly right hand) and blisters on face and more bumps. Went to doc and he gave me Ketoconazole 30 mg cream ....have case of ring worm fungus in foot (but have had it for awhile). I did tons of reseach tonight. If it is related to the ring worm fungus in foot it can't cause blisters on face.

Eye started to swell shut that night. Was bit better next day. I figured cream was working.

Tonight the blisters are starting to pop. Eye is almost swelled shut and skin under eye is bright red.. Bumps and blisters from top of farhead to chin. Whole side of face swollen. Of course this stuff always happens after doc's hours.

This is just my general doc. I will call him first thing in morn but I think he will tell me to see a dermo.

I have SLE and CNS. Never had ay real problems with sun...probably because I avoid it.

Has anyone every had this happen.

Elaine

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm not sure what it could be, but I think you need to be seen (and hopefully were seen) today. A little girl I know just had a bad staph infection that was initially misdiagnosed as chicken pox and finally changed to the correct diagnosis 5 days later after mom took her back and said "This isn't chicken pox and I'm not leaving until you figure it out!" The symptoms her mother described are kinda similar to the ones you described although not the blister part of it.

·
11,405 Posts
(((Elaine)))

I don't have any advise to give you. I hope you got in to see your doctor today and getting some relief.

Please let us know how you are doing, when you feel up to it.
Hang in there my friend.:)

:goodvibes:
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I say call the doctor and let him/her look at it.

I get blistering associated with the sun even using SPF of 50+.:mad:

They are fluid filled and the itch would drive you crazy.

Let us know how you make out dudley.

I hope it clears up for you.:wink2:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Karol, I get them, I alway associated them with my Psoriasis. I get them in my ears, hair line, on my arms, and between fingers, and yes, mine are also very itchy. Right now I use a Hydrocortizone cream on them prescibed for my Psoriasis.

In my search skin rashes they had something similiar to what you described for Lupus.

Let us know what you doctor says.

Hugs

Gerri

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dudley, I don't know if this is similiar - I get pimples they are very sore, they itch and turn into sores. I have been getting these as I increase the gluten in my body. I am going to have a biopsy for celiac September 4th. My eyes are also swollen, and are very dry. I have Sjogrens also.

I get skin rashes from the sun. I have different types of skin rashes, all I am not sure what they are.

The pimple like, with water in them itch, and for now I believe they are associated with my Psoriasis. I did see blister like skin rashes listed for Lupus as well, sorry I don't recal the name.

Hugs

Gerri

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Thanks for all your responses. Friday when I woke up my left eye was so swollen I could not open it or see anything till about 2 hours ...I managed to get a crack open. Entire left side had blisters and pot marks, totally swollen, bright red and numb.

Ended up going to ER. They saw me about 15 mins after I registered. Was in there for 5 hrs while than ran blood work and xrays. They are assuming allergic reaction to pine needles again (this time was different than before...just 1 side of face and reaction usually starts with in about an hour not days). Also developed sever migrane when there so got 2 rounds of migrane cocktail and heavy intravenious narcotics. Tests all came back OK. They pushed alot of antibodics and steriods. Will be on them for next week with ointment for face (they hope no scaring). See Family doc on Monday He left message to go to ER). Thank God I had strong pain killers at home. I think I might be getting to the point that I can sleep now.

Found out that one of my brothers plays golf with someone who has same thing with reaction time with in a hour. This full will finish the round of golf before hitting the ER.

On the good side face so swollen can't see any wrinkles.

Thanks again

Elaine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts