The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)

Me again :lol:

another quick question.... sometimes i get really bad crampy type pains in my lower back and legs (usually in the evenings/at night) that sort of come in waves of pain up and down my legs :rolleyes:
Ive heard that drinking tonic water can help with the pain due to the small amounts of quinine in it, however am unsure whether its ok to try tonic water with the meds im on :blush: Im currently taking plaquenil and fludrocortisone, anyone know if this would be ok or not?
I would go to my local chemist for advice but its a bit of a trek to get there and am not feeling so good at the moment, so thought id see if any of you knowledgable lot have any ideas/tips.

Hope your all as well as possible,

Cheers x x x x x x ;) x x x x x x x x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Good Morning,

I get muscle cramps very often and they are very painful.

I take Baclofen to help with muscle cramping and rigidity too.

Chat with your doctor about this. No need to suffer, plenty of muscle relaxers are out there and maybe he can write you a script for one.:wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, welcome to this great site. This is shurly the place to come to ask questions, and get lots of info. I get leg cramps, although I call them a lot of other things also. My Rheumy says that the University is cracking down on narcotics. So she sent me to a pain clinic, and he put me on a narcotic, it's strong, but I was feeling my pain more in the bone. It was awful, actually there were nights when it woke me from my sleep. Don't give up,there is help. Keep posting, and smile.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hi
I get something they call carpopedal spasm in my hands and feet (mostly feet). The pain can last for ages up to 10 minutes. In the early days my GP gave me quinine which didn't suit me I tride it on two occasions as it made me dizzy and woke me at night once I feel badly. Anyway on the bonus side I'd always thought I was allegic to gin but it tunred out it was the tonic so at least now I can enjoy a Singapore sling when the opportunity arises (which is rare but still you can only look on the bright side).

I noew take Gabapentin for all my pain but in particular I rarely have the spasms (cramps) only when the weathers cold which makes me thing this could maybe be similar to Raynauds as they can be so bad in winter that I dare not drive the car.

I don't know if this helps and the gabapentin dose have side affects but I couldn't get out of bed in the mornings without it.

lots of luck

Trindyxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.