TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I just ask?I have been walking round shops most of the day.Now I am in agony from the knees down.Deep gnawing pain in my knee joints and shins and kind of crampy ,tender pain along the inner sides of my shins.This is the kind of pain that comes in waves and makes me want to scream and I am a silly sausage for walking so much.Anyway,does anyone get this ,is it fibromyalgia?I feel like I want to press really hard to stop the pain.I'm not whinging,honest..just curious,
Julsie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Aw Julsie ((((hugs)))) you are a silly sausage indeed. Yep, if I'm flaring I'll get pain like that too, also if I try and walk "properly" (as in a one hour walk at normal speed). For the moment it's not a major worry as my feet give out long before that happens - must be some sort of inbuilt safety mechanism the sore feet!!!

From your recent posts it sounds very much as if you are flaring from either your lupus or fibro or maybe both. Could you not take a trip to see your doc? It sounds like it might be a good idea.

Katharine

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes yes yes! I mean no no no!

Yes about the legs but no about the silly sausage. I get this way with my fibromyalgia. I have a pretty severe case of the fibro and suffer from it dearly. I get hot burning stinging tingly sensations in my arms and legs and sometimes I feel like I am on fire.
Do you have a blood pressure kit! Many that have fibro when doing a blood pressure test will show having pain when the blood pressure cup is placed to 230 and let down easily. This is also a good test to show how bad the fibro can be.
Lyrica is really good for fibro but I take neurontin instead because of neuropathy. Fibro is no fun either. I could not sleep with mine and that was horrible. I take alot of meds too. Hope you feel better!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:)Hi Julsie, yep!!!! you're a silly sausage, I wouldn't tell anyone, but that's why I like ya. I have found that your shoes can make a big difference. I wear pumps, and if I go shopping with them, I come home verrry sore, and yes it is bad in the knee area. You, well, all of us maybe, should look for comfortable shoes, that would help greatly. Still it sounds like you may have walked too long. I have fibro and lupus also, and let me tell you, fibro isBad-to-the-bone. I used to walk the floors all nite and want to hit my arms, so I know what you mean. Rest and take it easy for a few days. (((hugs)))):wink2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have fibro (jury is out on lupus). Wearing crocs helps. Doesn't alleviate it. And I still have "those" days. But it helps enough that I refuse to wear any other type of shoe.

Kris

·
Registered
212 Posts
I take Lyrica for my Fibro. I was on Neurotin before but the Lyrica is ihelping now. Oh hugs this is no fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts