The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning about 6am I was woken with pains in my legs. The sensations were pins and needles, dull ache and heavy legged all rolled in to one. I decided to get up to take some tablets but found that I couldn't stand on my legs. Eventually I managed to walk down stairs in lots of pain, but then I found for a good 3/4 mins that I couldn't actually move my feet. The pain was more severe in my knees. I eventually managed to move and despite still being in pain I am walking around.

It was/is such a frightening experience. I've got a rheumy appoint 17/10 and hopefully they will be able to advise me what to do when it happens again.

Sorry the message is so long, but just wanted to share.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Legs

Hi,
I am glad you've shared!
I am currently experiencing the same discomfort in both legs and now in my finger joints, and wrists as well.

I am waiting for my Consultant to contact me with appointment ( will chase up Monday)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Jacquip,

Sorry you are having these problems right now. It's a good thing you are seeing your doc soon, but I bet it can't come soon enough ;) :hug:

I'm not sure about the pain and what's going on with you hopefully the doc can help shed some light on that. Prednisone can cause muscle weakness though and you have been on a fairly high(ish) dose for a few months now - maybe it's contributing.

I hope you get some answers and relief soon. If it continues on and isn't just a one off occurrence then I'd probably get in touch with your Rheumy before your appt. There's no need to put up with it toughing it out when potentially something could be done sooner.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Jacquip, I am so sorry that you are in so much pain right now, I can certainly identify with you, as I have gone thru it several times. Are you on any meds ?
You really need to be. The appt that you have comming up, is this your first Rheumy appt ? I used to wake in the morning, go to put my feet on the carpet, and
it felt like I was stepping on hot burning glass. And ,yes, My limbs have felt numb also. But this is normal for us. I hope that you get some answers at your appt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.