TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this site, and I haven't got Lupus, but my Sister in law has just been diagnosed, after being ill for several years. I had a look at this forum a week or so ago, and found "Letter to family and friends" somewhere on here. I thought it described the way my Sister in Law feels exactly, and wanted to print it off for her to show other members of the family, but I can't find it now. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I would be very grateful. Sandra hasn't got internet access at the moment, so I will probably be asking many more questions on her behalf in the future. I just wish she could communicate with you all herself, as I think it would be a great help to her to be able to share things with others who are suffering as she is.
Thanks
Liz

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Liz :wavey:

I also don't have lupus, I came here because of a friend who has it and stuck around :) There are a couple other friends and family members of lupies around the board too. Lyn beat me to posting the link, but just wanted to say hi and add that I think it's great you're helping out your sister in law and trying to learn more about lupus - definitely knowledge is power :) Ask away, I've found everyone here to be super nice, and there's a wealth of information and experience contained in this board. I hope Sandra can join at some point too!

Nice to meet you!
sf

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Liz, you are going to be a real help to your Sister in Law. Please give her our Regards. Diagnosis is a very emotional time, even when people have been expecting it or even hoping for it and waiting a long time.

It is nice to have you here.
x Lola

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for your help. Unfortunately, San's mother and sister have always thought it was all in her head - they didn't see her as much as I do, and I only had to look at her to see she was ill. Maybe because I have a daughter with Crohn's disease, and can see when something is wrong from experience. I'm hoping she will be able to get on the forum herself soon, as I know it would help her to know that she's not going through it alone.
Thank you all again
Liz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts