The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Your best option is to get it through employment. I had mine through employment and when I went on disability the coverage remained in effect with the LTD company paying for it. You would be able to get higher values through employment... otherwise the amount would likely be just slightly more than the cost for final arrangements.

If you are unable to get life insurance and want to provide for loved ones after you're gone, I would advise putting that money away in a Roth IRA (I think you're in the States, right?). This money can then be used by you without being taxed when you are of retirement age. If you are unlucky enough to die before you can use it, then be sure to specify where that money goes in a will. Many financial advisors will be happy to meet with you for free one time to discuss your options. Even just putting away what the premiums for life insurance would be --- into a good savings account (there are options out there that will yield 4% or more) would likely leave a decent amount to give to loved ones after you're gone.

Good luck with it all - hope you can find an option that works for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.