The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have sle and have been having wired symptons. I have been having joint pains in every joint in my body. I have unexplained brusing, my heart feels weak, i have a blader infection. what i don't know is, is it related to lupus or not. I phoned the hospital they said they will send me blood forms that was a week ago. Also my mouth is very salty not eaten anything to trigger this but it feels like i have salt in my mouth.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Naz

Im sorry you are feeling so poorly. The only thing I can suggest is if you are very worried you should go to the ER. Im not sure what you mean about your heart feeling weak but for peace of mind I would definitely get this checked out.

Its better to be safe than sorry. I hope you get sorted soon.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi this is gina (blue moon) i had the same syptoms,starting around april of 2008,,i had muscle pain,in both my legs,,i coudl'nt walk ,,,very good,,and it has contuined around my body,every were,,,shoulder blades,arms,hips,,,,i thought it was fibermyagila ,but my doctor ran some blood test,,,my ana was high,she said it might be lupus,but she not digonseing me yet,,,i am supposed to go back next week,,and my urine it clear,not yellow,,and i have been very tired,,alot,,,i am worried,,,sometimes i can't sleep at night because i will have pain in my legs,,,,,,have you had all these problems,,,,,later gina

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Naz,

It is possible that you could be slightly dehydrated. Since you have a bladder infection you should be increasing your fluids intake. Try to stay away from anything with caffeine and alcohol.

The joint pain is most likely from Lupus. The other things would need to be sorted out by a doctor. Since you are feeling so miserable I think it is time to be checked out.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help guys. Just hope i can get the treatment i need. I'm pusing myself to much im working 9 hours shift everyday.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Ooh dear Naz :)

Yes that does sound a lot a nine hour shift... I don't know much about you, what meds you're on etc.

I would also check that you're not dehydrated. I had an ifection recently and had a very dry mouth with it.

I don't know how you are being followed up by your rheumy but judging from your odd posts here, it sounds like you may need to try and get a better treatment plan in place and maybe, ABOVE ALL stop pushing yourself too hard.

It is not because your name means "pride" that you have to live up to that every single second of the day :wink2: Go easy on yourself when you can. Don't fight against the need to rest. If you're body is telling you to rest, it is for a good reason.

hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what im doing pushing myself. Im on plaquinel but what worries me is when i phone rumy clinic and they ask me when are you due for blood test. I used to have one once a year but recently i thought i was flaring so rumy nurse asked for blood test 2 months later i get a letter saying white bloods are low which indicates i have an infection, can you do another test which was ok. It takes less then a week to get results so why tell me 2 months later. i phoned them last monday told them whats happening they said they will send blood forms still waiting.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi again Naz,

I would be furious at things taking that long! Can you not get blood tests done more regularly by your GP? For me, that is rather a long time between blood tests and also urine analysis.

It sounds like you really need to get a better system going here. For a start you need to be able to contact your rheumy in case of emergency and get blood tests and urine analysis that he/she has asked for done regularly by your GP.

I don't know where you are in the world or the system there but there has to be a way to get this more efficient (I would hope).

Katharine

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Naz, and welcome to a great place.

I am newly dx with Lupus in June.

I understand your complaints of muscle and joint pain.....I have it too.

I think Katharine is right, there has to be a better system in place for you.

I sure hope you get feeling better. Maybe with given time the meds will kick in and you will start to feel much better.

I hope to get to know you better. Stick around, this place is great for support and information on this lovely disease.

Check out the chat room too if you can. I enjoy it there talking with some of the folks here.

Also, 9 hour shifts are rough. Can you cut down your work hours some?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts