The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was dxs with lupus nearly 2 years ago it was a shock at the time.Then i found this site and things didnt seem so bad .I met some really nice and helpful people here.The thing that has kept me going most of all is my little dog alfie he is with me all the time and cuddles me when i am not feeling good he seems to no when im not well it must be instinct with him thank goodness for animals .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Sue,
I know exactly what you mean. I have 2 dogs and they take up the bed when i'm napping. They are my cuddle buddies.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
im glad you have your pets, And yes yhte do know, i miss mine so much

xxxxxxxxLin

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Sue

Lovely to see you on the boards:) Im really glad to hear that you get so much joy and comfort from your little dog. I hope he continues to inspire you and keep you going for a long time to come:)

Hugs to you Lin (((((((Lin)))))))

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I know just what you mean, but my 2 dogs will rest their heads on my bed instead of being lap dogs. I would lose all circulation in my lower half otherwise (they total 300+ pounds between them!).

My cats serve as my lap warmer/heating pads though.

Pets are great therapy for any illness, whether official therapy dogs or household companions!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi

I have 2 cats who are always there for me when I am not well, especially the male cat. He just seems to know when I am not well and in need of a cuddle and chooses to spend all of his time with me.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi sue

I'm glad you found light at the end of the tunnel :) this forum has been a godsend to me too..your dog sounds wonderful,they do seem to sense things don't they.

I hope you are keeping well,unfortunately I have only met you once in chat, (I think we live near each other if I remember correctly?)..so I hope to chat again soon.

take care..karen x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Sue,

I'm with you on all counts - I love this board and I couldn't live without my very pampered pooch! :hehe:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts