TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ...hope ur are all doing well....:).......I had my ultra scan done for my gallbladder and liver.....good news is that there are not any gall stones..:wink2:....bad news is the liver is inflammed a little....i havent had a ESR blood test since last aug 07.to check inflammation......but the bloods that have been taken have been liver enzmes ones..and my liver she said is a little fatty....she asked a dr to check the scan also..and i explained about the lupus and they said this also may be the reason for it.....:rolleyes:......has anyone else heard on this problem?.....i havent had a drink since last year ..as dont like any favours now...:lol:.....and i thought my diet was ok....never had probs before with cholestrol at all.....the liver results go up and down and go up higher?!!...was 171 then went down to 151 then two weeks later went up to 221?....so its all over at the moment...also my gp faxed the dr at the lupus clinic at st tommies and addressed it as urgent and that was thursday morning?!! we are still waiting.:(......anyway....am still waiting for the skin biopsy....thanks jane:)

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Jane,

I know that when I had several different scans done a few years ago that I was told that I have a slightly fatty liver. My GI doctor and my Rheumatologist were not concerned about it, so I didn't persue it any further.

Which test is coming back higher and lower? I wasn't quite sure which test you are referring to.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey! I would not get yourself worked up about it. My liver showed up the same way a couple of times and the inflammation most of the time goes away on its own. It may not be anything but I noticed when I received those test results I was actually taking a lot of Motrin and anti-inflammatorys.I don't know if that had anything to do with the results but eventually my liver went back to normal don't ask how but it did. I would not get excited about it tho we have enough problems without adding extra worries to them. Good Luck and take care. Laurie

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi...the ggt has gone up too 221 iu/L and the i think alt is 147...they had gone down 2 weeks ago now they are you higher than before..so have to see gp to see if it due to fatty liver.....im not on meds and havent been for a while....jane

·
Dee
302 Posts
I've had problems with a fatty liver since early in my dx, it goes up & down like a yoyo :lol:
One of the first things they asked me was do I drink. chance would be a fine thing, I can't stand the effects of alcohol so I never touch it :rotfl:
They keep an eye on mine with blood tests & ultra sound scans.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi...i thought i was going mad?!!:lol:...not just me then...phew...even though they say the liver isnt affected by lupus?!! must be the only thing that isnt then..:lol:.....thanks for that ..gp keeps telling me its my diet...as cholestrol goes up and down with it also.....jane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts