The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...i have had new bloods done for liver this week...the results are higher...:worried:...it was 71 and now its 122....i have tried contacting the lupus clinic as they want the results ...but know one gets back to me...:(...gp wants to know what to do?.....any ideas..jane

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jane,

When the GP wants to know, then He should contact the Clinic himself. He will likely get to someone quicker as you alone. He could fax the results to the doctor at the clinic with the request to please call him to discuss your case. You could try to fax them yourself if you have the possibility,and ask someone to please call you, or give you an appointment ASAP. If the clinic wants the results and were concerned about it then they should give you an appointment to discuss it and plan what further tests/treatment they recommend. Sorry but the GP telling you he wants to know what to do, is like the judge calling the lawyer asking what the cleint wants.

Good luck to you,

Monique

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:hehe:.....yes..i see what your saying...you are right..i have suggested the fax machine...lol....thanks jane

·
Registered
150 Posts
HI jane,

I attend st thomas' lupus centre too. If you have an urgent problem like yours then we are told to get the GP to fax the lupus unit. The docs will then look at it and decide what to do and advise the GP. Sometimes this means a sooner appt, or more blood tests or other tests. Definitely contact your GP again and get him to sort it out. He can find the fax no. on the net or by calling one of the docs secretaries at tommies.

Good Luck
Cathyx

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi...yes.....i have just been doing that...:rolleyes:.....silly gp....but many thanks....gosh how confusing!!......all over the paper work not being sent quick enough?!!!......jane:hehe:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You may be taken off one of your medications (depends what you are taking of course!). Medication is often the culprit: methotrexate and Imuran can cause this problem and if you take anything with acetominophen in it (like Tylenol - or parcetamol in your country?) then that would figure in. Be sure to mention any and all medications you take both prescription and over the counter.

Good luck to you - if it helps at all my dad had numbers slightly worse/higher than that for over a year and the doctors just took a wait and see approach. They lowered and I don't think they even did any med changes to achieve that (he's on a few for cholesterol and blood pressure and the prostate).

Good luck - hope you can get in touch with the docs soon for advice. Let us know how it all turns out!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi Jane,
I rang St.Thomas's yesterday for my results as I still haven't heard anything.They told me that Dr.Cuardrado's secretary has been away all week and won't be back until next week,so that may be why you're having problems.If you still have no luck with faxing,just ring the lupus clinic reception and ask to speak to one of the nurses.It may be that the consultant is away too as secretary's sometimes have breaks at the same time,
Julsie

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi....i have spoken to kay up there...shes very nice and helpfull....:)....yes ..that may be the prob with the secretary being away....:rolleyes:.......the dr C thinks its hep c now i have got?!!

Im also not on anything that will affect the blood results...we checked with the gp and all ok in that way....:rolleyes:...thanks...jane

1 - 8 of 8 Posts