The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I seem to do nothing but make GP appointments lately. The last few months have seen me visiting him (and posting on here) about back pain / dizzyness / vertigo / and now I aqm due to see him again, cos I have been experiencing a constant ache / pain in my head / neck / ear / jaw at the right hand side. This may be a hangover from the dizzyness (which turned out to be something called Labyrinthitis) but am scared it is something to do with my arteries / veins / lymph glands. I am taking pain killers every day. I recently saw my optician too cos my eyesight has got worse, and I need yet another pair of lenses. He said there was a problem with the blood vessels in the retina of my right eye, so I do not know if that is linked to the pain I am getting. For all these reasons, you can see why I feel as if I may as well live at the GP's. Must be sick of the sight of me.
Any ideas or just nice thoughts please.
Love and hugs to you all.
MaryBeth

·
4,436 Posts
MaryBeth..sorry you are having such a bad time, just wanted to send you a hug.:) It does seem to go like that, when things go wrong...boy do they go wrong!! Hope things start to go a bit more right soon.
Claire XX

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Marybeth,

I am also sorry your having a tough time right now.

I hope things do get better for you soon.

I don't think we have ever met, nice to meet you.;)

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Marybeth,

Sending you some soft, gentle hugs your way.:hug::hug:
Have you told your rhumey about all these symptoms?

Hope you get to feeling better.
:grouphug2:
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Hi Marybeth,

Are you being referred to an Ophthalmologist to have further testing done on your eyes?

Do you clench or grind your teeth? Sometimes that can cause pain in the head, neck, ear and jaw? If the GP doesn't have any ideas you should check with your dentist.

Good luck with your appointment.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi Marybeth, sorry you are having such a rough time. I hope it improves for you soon.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Marybeth, sending you :hug: hope you feel better soon.

Take care and rembmer if you need to see the Doctor you must do so it doesn't matter how many times you have to in any week/month etc. Think of yourself first.

:hugbetter:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I am going to see the opthalmologist next week, about my eyes, so that is good. Saw GP - he gave me some different anti inflammatories to try, and echoed some of the sentiments posted here - SLE is one of those conditions with peaks and troughs. Saw the OHnurse yesterday - she was really good. Dont see my rheumy until Nov., but will have plenty to say to her.
Thanks again just for bing there
MaryBeth xx

·
Registered
580 Posts
marybeth, i felt exactly the same way as you. i almost moved in with my gp because i was always in her office every few days i had to make an appt to go see her about something new, let alone the other docs.

wishing u well i hope everything gets better for u soon.:):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts