TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Gina And i have been told that i had a blood test that came back high,,,my pain that i have is an every day thing,,,to me i thought it was just fibermyalogia,but my doctor thanks it may be lupus,,,,does any one have pain in there legs or arms,or shoulder blades,,in different area's at different time,,but it also puts a toll on me in every day activity,,and some times i just can't bare it,,,when i walk i have pain and i also have cold feet ice cold,,,,any one out there please help,,i my body aches at night to and some times it hard to sleep....any answers out there.........this gina (blue moon):hehe::eek:hno::eek:hno::?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi again Gina,
yes i suffer widespread pain.
As i said before i have to take high doses of pain killers. There are quite a ot of propler who use this site who have problems with chronic pain and it really is awful.
I did suggest in your other thread going to the doc again about some pain relief and possibly some non steroid anti inflamatories.
It is important to keep ging back to the doctor ubtil you get somewhere.
I was on the phone to my doc atleast one but usually twice a week when i was really bad. I had also spoken to him and he had seen me when i was really bad so couldn't deny how bad i was.
He did respond very well with drugs and has tried to help as much as possible.

No one should have to put up with unbearabe pain.

Good Luck

Ihope things get better for you.

Cassie :)

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Gina,

What have you tried for the pain so far? Did the doctor suggest trying any of the over the counter NSAIDS such as Advil or Motrin?

Applying heat used to help me. Soaking in a warm ( not hot ) bath can help. Rubbing in some of the arthritis creams give temporary relief. I am not sure if is the cream or the massage of the area itself that is beneficial.

Another thing to try is deep breathing and relaxation. When I am in pain I tense up and that intensifies the pain. Just laying down blocking everything out other than my breathing for 15 minutes helps relax the body. Most times I ended up relaxed, having more energy and in less pain.

Exercise may help also. When you are in pain it is natural not to want to move those joints and muscles. However by not moving them you may be causing more problems.

Staying out of the sun may be beneficial for you also. Many of us with Lupus are very sensitive to the sun. Even just a short time of exposure can cause a great deal of pain.

I hope you find some relief soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Blue Moon;519139 said:
Hi my name is Gina And i have been told that i had a blood test that came back high,,,my pain that i have is an every day thing,,,to me i thought it was just fibermyalogia,but my doctor thanks it may be lupus,,,,does any one have pain in there legs or arms,or shoulder blades,,in different area's at different time,,but it also puts a toll on me in every day activity,,and some times i just can't bare it,,,when i walk i have pain and i also have cold feet ice cold,,,,any one out there please help,,i my body aches at night to and some times it hard to sleep....any answers out there.........this gina (blue moon):hehe::eek:hno::eek:hno::?
Hi Gina,

Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain!:( I don't have a dx of lupus yet but I do have a type of vasculitis and have struggled with pain management. It's been a bit of a battle to get the meds right but now I have paracetamol which I can top up all day long, plus very strong meds that I can take at bedtime. The paracetamol doesn't kill the pain as such but it helps to make it more of a background thing and unlike strong painkillers I can take it at more regular intervals during the day and that does make it easier to cope.

I too find sleeping difficult/uncomfortable but being warm can help, and I regularly take a hot water bottle to bed with me, even in the summer.

My circulation is terrible and my feet are almost constantly cold (even when my joints are inflamed and hot! :) ) and one thing I have found that can help at bedtime is using a foot cream to gently massage my feet. It boosts the circulation enough to warm them up long enough for me to at least fall asleep in the first place. Plus it does at least mean that I don't have dry and cracked feet! :lol:

Do keep talking to your doctor about finding the right pain management system. It's different for each person and it may take a while to get the drugs that best suit you, but it is important to persevere as once you have the right meds you will feel so much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts