The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Finally got my appointment through for the London Lupus centre :)
I am going to be travelling from the South West, UK,
Anyone know which airport is the closest to the Hospital and any cheap near by hotels i could stay in?, :rolleyes:
thank you, any advice welcome
Bex x x

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:hehe:Hi Bex, congradulations on getting your appointment. I am so very happy for you. Unfortunatly, I know nothing about the UK, except that all the people on this board from there are so warm and caring and nice. Let us know when your appt is set for. And if we can help you get things ready, just ask and we will be glad to help. Best wishes.:wink2:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Bex,
I would say if you can and you are travelling from SW to london the quickest and least complicated way is by train as it should be around 2.5 hrs ish depending on where you are.
The London bridge site does give journey details form london train stations, so its just a matter of finding which station closest to you would get to the closest main station to the hospital and then i'd just cab it from there.

Cassie :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think I'd be looking at a train journey as well, rather than flying. For a start by the time you get to airport at your end an hour early, and make your way through baggage claim and try and get transport from airport near London (which are all some distance away) you have lost half a day to start with. As for accommodation, I've been a long time member of YHA, so whenever I have to stay in London, I use the St Pancras youth hostel. You do have to share a room (unless you pay a premium for it) but it is a nice enough place and fairly quiet usually, and where else can you get a bed in London for under £30? They also have a restaurant that serves fairly cheap meals. You'd then need to use the underground to get to London Bridge Hospital. Some of the other youth hostels aren't so good (I'd definitely avoid the Earls court YHA one) as they tend to be full of 20 something partygoers. The other accommodation alternative is to stay somewhere just out of London and get the train in to your appointment. As has already been said, check out the train and underground routes in advance. I also never go to London without my pocket A-Z which makes it a lot easier to find my way around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts