The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate to have a long term disability benefit through my former employer, who is no longer in business. It has been two years since I became disabled and the insurance company (Cigna) has informed me that they are conducting a two year review of my claim.

Does anyone have experience about this? I am so stressed thinking that they will find a way to eliminate my benefits. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have been approved for Social Security, but the main part of my income is through my long term disablity insurance.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I am on LTD too, and had my 2 year review but all it involved was them reviewing my medical records (that they requested/got) and then determining I was still eligible. I did have to go see their occupational doctor too as I recall... who questioned me and did a very brief exam. Then I got a letter saying I was approved til age 65 or a change in my medical/employment status. It is a nerve-wracking time, because not getting the LTD check would require major changes in our home and lifestyle...

If you have been approved for SSD, then you should have no problems being approved for your LTD since the requirements to be approved for SSD are much more strict than those needed to be eligible for LTD. I don't think you should have too much to be worried about...

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Susan,
This is pretty routine they have to know that you are not getting money and able to return to work. It can be a little unnerving but they are doing their jobs just try to remember that part and you will be fine.

I hope that things go well for you and that you feel less stress soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maia and Onetay, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. This is the first time in my life where I am totally dependent on outside institutions for my survival. As much as I tell myself, go through the steps, provide all info, I still wake up thinking about the "what ifs".

Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.