TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new Rheumatologist... hoping to find someone who has a lot of experience on lupus as mine is serious. (I don't want to have another stroke due to the lupus flaring.) Does anyone happen to know a good Rheumy in northern California?

Thanks!

Melissa

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Where in northern California? Both Stanford and UCSF have good rheumatolgist teams.

:flower2:
Lazylegs

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't checked UC Davis Medical Center. I'm on Kaiser, so I suppose I don't have a lot of choices. My current Rheumy is going to retire this month. I'm worried!

·
11,405 Posts
Could you talk to your current rhumey and have him recommend one for you?

Take care,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
I checked on line and the Vallejo Kaiser has 4 rheumatologists listed. The way they move their doctors around your doctor may be familiar with one of them. Since you already go there for physical therapy one of them might be an option for you.

:flower2:
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Lazylegs is right............one of the 4 may very well be a option.

Good luck and let us know how you make out moving ahead.:wink2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Cinnia, I am new on this site and saw your post. I too am prone to tia's and strokes with lupus. There has been any damage yet, the last one just left a permanent imprint on my MRI. I went in to emergency because I had forgotten where I was and my hand wouldn't work. They said that was a TIA-mini stroke.I was told I had the big one in my sleep. Since they started me on a baby aspirin a day, TiAs have really cut down. I always carry baby aspirin and regular bayer with me incase I have a major one. I am not suppose to take regular aspirin but I have fallen down in stores with dizziness so bad, I want something that will work fast.
I am looking for a new Doctor also. I live in Ridgefield WA near Vancouver WA and Portland Or. If anybody knows of one, please let me know. Thank you

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Fluffybear, contact the PNW LFA chapter office and ask for the names of doctors in your area. We have quite an active group in the Portland area so they should be able to give names of doctors in that area.
Sally

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fluffybear, I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering to have strokes and TIA. I'm glad that baby aspirin works. I didn't have a clot... had a hemorrhage and too scared to take any type to reduce clots. Those things may increase bleeding problems. Hope you find a good rheumy. Having a good doctor is the key. Good luck! Just hang in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Cinnia.Well, so far I haven't found a good Dr. The one that I had moved away and they just aren't that knowledgable around here. I have talked to 4 different people who have lupus in the area and it just floors me, no one can find a Dr here that really can help them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts