TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I hope everyone is having an okay day today.It is absolutely beautiful here in Illinois.
I am feeling like i guess i need to vent to someone that cares i guess but today we found out fr sure that my hubby will be layed off permently like so many people out there we have already been expierencing a lot of stress because he has been off more then he worked.I guess now we dont have to worry about wether he will be and when it will happen.They are getting rid of second shift at the chrysler plant in belvidere illinois in july.He has been a temporary for over three years now and have know for about a year that he would be gone for sure but not when.We are keeping our chins up but we are very scared for he is 54 yrs old and no real expierence in anythin but delivering for places like kitchen and bath place and so on.There is just no jobs out there anywhere these dyas.I find myself praying for the families whom ever they are have no money coming in at all or lost there house.It is the scarest i have seen in 48 years on this planet.
Well long story short lol i am just aksing for fingers crossed good thought vibes and prayers that something happens for us and so many out there that are really suffering:(So for those that are out there just know i am here for you and try really try not to stress yourself out as you know it just makes this stupid disease sorry makes us flare.
i just needed to vent and i thank everyone for all your support with the lupus and life happenings.((((hugs)))))

Tammy

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Tammy

Im very sorry to hear this news. I know how worried you have been about this over the past year or so. The economy is very bad here as well with people losing jobs all over the place. I will certainly send very strong positive vibes your way that something turns up to keep you and your family ticking over.

There are so many decent, hard working people suffering that it just seems very unfair. I hope to goodness that the saying 'every cloud has a silver lining' comes true in your case and that your hubby can find some other means to earn a living. You sure deserve it. Its such a worry for you :worried:

Much love and fingers and toes crossed for you both
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hey Tammy :wavey:

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands job, its just what you didn't need, as you said the extra stress causes us to flare, so, i know its easier said than done, but try try try really hard not to get too stressed as i am sure something will turn up. I remember talking to you last year i think it was and your hubby had 3 jobs and was never at home so he is the type of guy that is prepared to work hard so i will keep my fingers crossed (fingers) that something comes his way very soon.

Here are some well deserved hugs for you :grouphug2::hug::grouphug2:i hope they help.

Keep your chin up and if you feel its getting too much, then come on here and chat with your friends, thats what we are here for.

Take good care of yourself, Good luck :luck: :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Dear Tammy,

I am so sorry, for this stress you and your husband are facing, and have been for so long now, too. :(

I sure wish I could take it all away from you friend. I have been thinking of you and wondering how your doing. I am sorry, things don't seem to be better.

I will hope and pray, that things work out for the best for both of you. Please,
take one day at a time. Each day has enough of it's own to deal with. Gather strength, and support where ever you can find it, friend. We are always here
for you, Tammy.

I hope your not in too much pain, under the circumstances.

Blessings and Love,
Sandy

·
11,405 Posts
(((Tammy)))

You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear that hubby will be laid off permanently.:(

Not having Chrysler job maybe new employers will look at your hubby differently? They know he won't go back to chrysler if they call him.
Love & prayers,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Tammy,

Every time I heard about the Chrysler problems on the news I thought of you. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. My thoughts will be with you.

Are there any alternative energy companies starting up in your area? Since that is the big trend it might be a field to look into.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Tammy,

Like lazylegs, I also thought of you every time something came on the channel 6 news about the dealerships being in trouble. I am sorry that it has come down to your husband, like many others loosing their jobs.

Here in New Jersey they are sending people back to school who do not have any skills as long as they are laid off from the job. School is free to them and older people are grateful for the opportunity to do this. As long as your in school your unemployment does not run out. I don't know if the same applies in Illinois yet I am sure it is not much different. Just some food for thought.

Would you and your husband be willing to relocate to another state if he was able to find work elsewhere? It is a tough world we are living in right now and indeed very scary.

I will say a prayer for you that things work out, somehow, someway.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Tammy :fingers: and prayers added here too.

It's a very worrying time for a lot of people and I'm sorry that it's looking this way for you too.

I don't know what else to say Tammy, whatever I say would be most inadequate for that sort of worry :(

huge hugs :grouphug2:

Katharine

·
Registered
631 Posts
(((Tammy)))

I'm so sorry to hear this news.
Sending you lots of love, hugs and positive thoughts and I hope things get better for you both soon.

Hugs
Elle x

·
Registered
869 Posts
Tammy,
I am very sorry to hear of your husbands job loss. Things are so difficult everywhere right now. Our local Wal-mart and McDonalds are not even taking applications. A manufacturer in a town over from me had 18 jobs advertised, they said in the paper they got over 5,000 applications. Somethings got to give soon:( You and your family are in my prayers (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I just hope that he is able to get unemployment for a while - not sure what the laws are for "temporary" workers even if he's been there for 3 years as a "temp". My brother has been laid off for about 7 months now from his job and can't find employment either; at least not in his area (corporate pilot). He's also in IL and is about to the point where he'll have to look for something at Walmart or similar just to start bringing in some money again.

Best wishes to you and your husband and sending all the positive vibes and prayers your way for a quick and successful job search for him.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Everyone

Thank you so much everyone for all your support and prayers and fingers crossed.the days just seem to be so long anymore trying to keep busy without thinking about the economy.I do worry more about so many with little ones and do not have a job.Unfortuately i have two nieces that have three little ones and both of there hubbys are out of work and will be for awhile.I do know there are way to many without jobs and no money for anything.
I am doing okay i really am.I try not to think about money and if i am i get busy with reading or go for a walk.

My husband is taking online classed Maia .he says he was told by someone he knows that a lot of times they do not consider online classes to get unemployment with.Okay sorry my brain is tired today :lol:.I think you know what i meant.I am hanging on to him at least finding a part time job to help out with the extra the unemployment takes away.Well everyone stay healthy and try not to get overwhelmed with life as i know how tuff it is not to((((hugs)))).

Tammy

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Tammy,
I am sorry to hear that the final word has come. It seems that it is the same all over the world these days that is why I find it so hard to give up working as I know that it will be hard to find something I can work at with less hours. I do hope that you find a way to handle all that is facing you and that your husband finds something that pays the bills and that he likes to do soon.

My thoughts are with you both at this time.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Oh Tammy :( Just wanted to send you and hubby some support :hug: I hope things look up for you soon. It's an awful position to be put in :(

love
Lily

1 - 16 of 16 Posts