The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been and had another urine test, first one had blood etc., in and was given antibiotics noticed the difference straight away as I urinated a lot more and lost about 4lb in weight (could have done with 4 stone but hey ho:lol:) anyway that was about 6 weeks ago, have had another 2 urine test and they keep coming up with white blood cells, nurse was a bit evasive and as I am a nosy person I wondered if anyone would have an idea.
Thanks for any advice.
Senior

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I was under the impression that white blood cells in your urine indicated infection. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly. Maybe you need more antibiotics, sometimes the first course isn't enough or isn't the right type.

I would ask to speak to the gp if you are concerned.

Take care

Deb

·
4,446 Posts
hiya.. yes leucocytes (white cells) in your urine generally mean infection. Sounds as if you need another sample sent away to determine which specific antibiotics will clear it.....hope they have already sent it:)
Claire X

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
It is possible that you had a bad infection and need yet another round of antibio's. I know that it often takes me a couple rounds and bio's to get rid of an infection. It is no fun having to take two to three times the normal meds for a simple infection to be gone.

I hope that you feel better soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.