The Lupus Forum banner

loose joints

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  cutiegirl132005 
#1 ·
I just wanted to ask if other people have this problem.Over the last few months I've noticed my joints becoming lax.My knees feel like they will give way sometimes.More recently,I have a problem taking jumpers off.It's the movement that involves lifting my arms above my head and back,feels like my shoulders will come out of their sockets.Anyone else have this problem,just curious,
Julsie

#6 ·
Me As Well

:eek: Lately, my ankles have been just giving way when I walk, doesn't matter if it is the first step or last or somewhere in between:mad: one just falls over and I think I am going over with it. My hip does it but I imagine it is because of the hip repair I had and it just occasionally pops in and out, weird feeling but not as painful as the ankle twist. My knees also feel like jelly most of the times I feel like I am going to wobble over and do a face plant into the cement.:oops: I usually feel so weak all over and somewhat dizzy that I end up feeling my way along the wall:faint: I hate the seemingly trap-give away joints that give absolutely now warning, it really scares me as I dread the fall.:sad: Karly

#7 ·
Julsie,

I may be may off here but have you ever been tested for hypermobility. It's like the other end of the scale from arthritis where your joints have a greater range of movement than normal. In extreme cases it can result in dislocation.

My friend suffers from it and has similar symptoms to you and has pain in her joints.

Take care,

Pam xxx

#8 ·
Julsie,:there:
I have "hypermobility" or "double jointed" and it certainly does sound like my hips. They are"loose"or they easily pop out and have chronic pain which I have had them injected and it helped. They are the only of my double jointed joints that are loose like that and I thought it was just wear and tear and of course age;) It won't hurt to look into it.
I hope that is not the case though.I could be your tendons or muscles. It may just be the lupus attacking your joints. I hope it is none of the above. I deal with joint pain daily and it bites!!!!
Both my sister and I have been like that since we were very young. I am not sure it can occur later in age.
I was a whole lot of help-wasn't I(not)- I am sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Keep us posted as to what you find out.

Hugs,
Becca

HUgs,
Becca

#9 ·
Julsie, I thought that your brandy would be gone by now!!! The first that happens when I wake up is that I turn over, that makes my shoulder crack. then when I am getting dressed, my shoulders, elbows, and knees crack. I don't know what that is a sign of, but don't tell me it's old age. be well.

#11 ·
Hiya,

Just as a friendly word of warning (not meant to alarm you). My knees kept 'giving way' and I ignored it - the result? - two dislocated knees and both patella tendons torn. I had to have my knees operated on & they took ages to heal.

If in doubt, please get it checked out. Although I don't beleive in going to the Dr's for every little thing, and lets face it, we all have plenty of them, please do get it checked.

I have 'loose' joints in my hands and regularly have my thumbs 'pop' when trying to get dressed which is both painful for a split second and very annoying!! ;)

Keep well :)

Amanda

#15 ·
Hi Julsie,

They said it was due to inflamation through my muscles, joints & tendons. My knees were partly my own fault - I had ignored the pain when my left knee 'gave out' on me a couple of times. My partner said he'd take me to A&E but I refused saying it was 'just another Lupus thing'.

I should have listened but hey, it's too late now! ;)

Amanda

#16 ·
hi

hi i have the same situation as which u are talking about..my knees and arms feel like i'm about to collapse at any minute..putting on pants is a big thing for me b'c they r so weak i'm afraid to fall..my left shoulder now has unbearable pain if i move it up or to the side..sometimes it doesn't hurt but recently its been hurting a lot worse..it feels like my shoulder is actually dislocated although it really isn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.