The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

tbunny1's recent thread about being kept waiting, but remaining in control of her emotions, reminded me of an incident that resulted in my seeing red and being extremely rude to somebody.

I wonder if anybody else has really let themselves down by 'losing it', but found the incident really funny in retrospect?

I was walking down the high street one day when a young couple began to park in a disabled parking spot. I do remember vaguely wondering what the disability was - no more than that.

Anyway, my little 2 year old and I were slowly making out way down the street when an extremely irate woman came running at full pelt around the corner. She was absolutely screaming at the young couple who had 'used her spot'. I have never seen anybody as red or furious before in my life. She was absolutely livid. And as fast as a rocket, I might add. :eek::wink2:

Anyway, I put my hand up and shouted 'careful!' whilst quickly moving towards my little son to get him right out of her way. He was 2 years old and waddling happily along minding his own business, but he was right in her path. :eek:

Before I could grab him, she knocked him clean out of the way and he went rolling along the pavement. Meanwhile she continued to abuse the very red-faced couple who had, indeed, parked in the wrong place.

I picked up my son and started to continue home whilst trying to soothe him ... until i noticed the side of his face had been skinned. Poor little boy. :worried:

I said 'excuse me, in your temper you just knocked my little lad clean across the pavement'.

She said, very, very, very loudly 'Well you should keep IT UNDER CONTROL THEN SHOULDN'T YOU!!!"

IT? IT??? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, something happened to my mouth and it went into autopilot almost as badly as the bad-tempered womans's and I found myself yelling that ...

... she had the social skills of a rhinocerous (rhinocerous???) AND ... and ... and - she LOOKED like one too! (ooer - sophisticated stuff!) :blush:

And with that I stomped off. I don't think she even realised why I was cross, what she had done, or anything.

My son was ok, so I do remember this with a smile because I might have been 5 years old with a retort like that, but at the time i honestly thought I'd done quite well. :rotfl:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Alwin,

Thank you for this post, was feeling quite low and grumpy - now i'm laughing!

Lesley

·
Registered
457 Posts
Alwin,

i'd just like to second Lesley's comment-you brightened my day!!!:rotfl:
Rachel

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That was very funny Alwin.

In general disabled parking in our town is used and mainly abused. I have rarely seen anyone with a badge in a spot and I have to say I really don't like people using them when they shouldn't.

I can't think of anything right now that's particularly good as I haven't really lost it since I was about 17. It kind of wore off :lol:

I did snap at a hairdresser not long back though - one of these typical hairdressery type girls (I'm sure you see what I mean). She was new in the salon and for some reason she was the one assigned to dry my hair in a "natural style".

The natural style is because I do like to know roughly what it will look like when I do it and I don't ever use a hairdryer...anyway, she had only just started and she said, conversationally (all the while looking down her long pointy nose at me) "I see you're not the sort to spend time on your hair"...I did kind of see red but replied "nope, I'm the sort who is unable to lift her arms above her head in order to spend time on it!" She then remained mercfully silent!

Katharine

·
Registered
631 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Alwin that story really did make me laugh. I think your retort was perfect for such a rude and obnoxious woman.:lol:

Elle x

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am so glad I was not sitting in the seat next to you Katharine becuse I would have been the type that snorts like a pig whilst laughing like a hiyena! Sorry - can't spell for toffee!

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Alwin,
That is a story and made me laugh also. It is hard to understand why she would of ran over a youngster like that other than she was a rhino lol. Thank you again for the up lifting, so to spead, story.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Made me mad, what a horrible woman.

See I've got a dreadful sense of revenge where little ones being hurt are concerned.

I would have followed her, stalked her even and waited till I could find her walking or even better running past and I would have stucken my biggest foot out for her to trip over.

I would
I would

Horrible woman.....

Poor wee little lad.

Im really mad at the woman.....

Grrrrrrr

Actually maybe I would have twisted her nose between two fingers

Grrrr

Sorry its just little ones

'IT..!!!

Yes I remember some young men in a big white van tearing down my local high street at deathly speed with music blearing and turning into the car park.
After pulling back myself and son to avoid being hit, I stormed over to the van ( lucky I had my friend looking after my son with me) and went right up ( mega livid) and gave them what for.

They were very unsophisticated and were trouble but then they had'nt reckoned on my experinced observations of how to eyeball mafia style, survivng one of the roughest schools in england for a year and all mixed with my instincts of a protective mother.
They totally backed down as I know they thought ooooo errrr she's a crazy one!

Good for you

Grrrrr

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a bit brave for me Nicky. Quite right though.

I did once point out that a man was a bit rude after queue jumping. It's along story, but when he came out of the shop he aimed his car at me and my 3 little ones - well they were little at the time.

However, that was AFTER he got so cross whilst continuing the argument outside the shop that his false teeth fell out. I kid you not. I just said to my children - don't laugh, just walk - quick. With that we started to shuffle away with our bicycles and the next thing he'd revved up and came right at us just turning away at the last minute. I resolved to button it next time I had my children with me.

There are some funny uns about out there.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes I totally agree,,,,you cant do it with kids in tow.

You actually cant really do it with or without them......

Its a good thing to be distanced and not inflammatory....

Oh my!! the teeth falling out, hilarious!.

Ive learnt to button my mouth, well mostly:wink2:

Ive had the nutty ones coming at me also......

Thats awful about that man swerving at you....
Let me know where he lives

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I love your stories. I will have to remember to think of someone as a rhinocerous the next time something similar happens ;) **smiles**

1 - 11 of 11 Posts