The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hissy:I cannot get any answers from my GP or other medical associate about losing my voice. I have now been without my voice for the best part of 9 weeks and its still ongoing. GP has tried inhalers and anti bios as I did have a chest infection but that has now cleared. He is now thinking about sending me to a speech therapist, but I an losing heart very very quickly. Where do I go from here if anywhere, :wall: I would love some answers please as this is bringing me to rock bottom.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
that happend to a friend of mine, she had to have speech therapist, and it did do the trick,
anything worth a go Debbie

good luck x

·
11,409 Posts
I agree with Lin. Have a go with the speech therapist.

It would be terribly frustrating to have been dealing with this for 9 weeks.:hug:

Love,
Lyn

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. I have episodes of speech loss and I know how it feels. The speech therapist does sound like a good idea. Let us know how you get on.

Take care

Deb

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
When I was still working I lost mine for 3 months. The thing that finally helped was not to speak at all. Not even a whisper. Actually the doc told me whispering was worse for me. Once the voice started to return I wasn't supposed to speak for 2 more weeks. Not speaking drove me and others around me nuts, but it did the trick.

Trying a speech therapist wouldn't hurt. They deal with this sort of situation all the time.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts