Discussion Starter #1
I guess the title sums it up really,
i just feel well.......a bit lost :worried: :blush:

x x x x x x x x x x x

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Bex,
I am sorry you are feeling lost, is there anything I can do for you? If you need to talk just message me and we can go to the chat room or go private if you want.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Bex,

Sorry to hear you're feeling like that. I think I kind of get what you mean as I'm sure we've all felt lost at times but I'm not entirely sure from what you've posted.

Is there any particular reason for this feeling, anything we can help with?

The times I have felt like that I have been very tired and just had trouble assimilating it all. Getting a good night's sleep helps me enormously when that happens...of course, I have no idea really if that's what might be bothering you.

Katharine

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Hi Bex

Sorry you are feeling not quite right. I also kind of think I know what you mean. Please feel free to PM me, or I will see you in chat soon.

Take care, Hugs

Deb

·
Registered
467 Posts
hi bex,

i too feel lost at times, and i can't always find myself :wink2:.
but thats what we are for. its hard when you get a diagnosis that is so unpredictable, with different weird symptoms.
hang in there, you'll get into a rythum thats works for you.
if you need to talk just post or send a pm.

take care
hugs and kisses

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Bex,
Has anything specific happened that has left you feeling like this? It can leave you feeling totally left out of what is happening around you. I remember that from past medical complications.

Please don't hesitate to either PM or contact me if I can help you.

This board has some of the most caring and knowledgable people I have found anywhere. There is a wealth of information and experience with the Moderators and others of us who come here. You are not alone in this journey.
Sally

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all,

Thank you for your replies,

Sorry my last post was so brief, Im not too good with talking about emotional stuff :rolleyes: :blush:

Lost is the best way i can explain it, i guess my lifes just been turned upside-down :hehe: the past 18months, with being ill and struggling with a diagnosis etc I just feel everything i used to do/love has been taken away and i feel slightly lost without my old life :( and kind of unsure about the future.

Blimey that sounds gloomy :lol: i guess im just stubborn and dont like to admit that i really am ill :rolleyes: and i still try and convince myself and others that im fine :rolleyes:

But hey ho! im sure eventually i'll have to come round to the fact that things might not be exactly how id planned :wink2:

Thanks for letting me moan about this, it does kinda help to write it down ;)
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Bex,
Something that helped me immensely back when I got ill was to keep a journal. I was so overwhelmed that I am amazed I was able to make any sense out of anything!
Another thing it helped me with was identifying what I needed to go over with my doctors. It really helped to go prepared to my doctor visits. It made the best use of the appointment time.
Sally

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hey Bex,

Your second post there really echoes feelings I have had at times. It is sometimes very difficult to get a handle on all the changes we have to adapt to. I used to keep all those feelings inside too but have learnt to talk about it when it gets bad to my best friend and also to my husband.

My conversations with that friend are sometimes quite comical as they'll start in one very undefined place and go round and round in circles but at the end of it, I have made some sense of it and it helps a great deal.

Being able to talk about it helps the lost or down times last less time. That's what works for me anyway...

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Bex, You have the sadness with your Aunt at present.

After my Father's Inquest I felt a bit like you, this feeling of "what is the point"?

I found a lot of support here for which I am grateful. I just carried on doing routine things and the feeling soon passed. Do keep an eye on it in case it is an early sign of depression. Also feeling flat can be an early warning of a flare.

If there is anything at all I can do please get in touch.
x Lola

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi bex

sorry to hear your feeling down:sad:
sending you lots of positive thoughts and i hope you 'find' yourself again real soon.

Take care
hugs
Elle x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts