TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:) I was wondering if anyone has had the experience of having lower body temps than 98.6? Mine seems to run 95 or 96 and my body always feels cool to the touch. When my temp is 99, it's like someone else running a temp of 102! I'd sure be interested to know if this has anything to do with lupus. Thanks. jean:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,444 Posts
I usually run in the 96-96.5 range. Many here have reported lower body temps than average, but I don't think anyone really knows if it's due to lupus. Many times, this can be due to low thyroid functioning; but not in my case as that's tested fairly routinely and it's always come back normal!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,684 Posts
Hi Jean,

My normal temp is similar to Maia's - no thyroid problems here either. We used to have a lot of discussions on this years ago and it seemed very common amongst us.

love
Lily
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,800 Posts
Hello :)

I tend to be a pretty "cool" person too :rotfl:
I don't know what I translate into in farenheit but if I'm at around 37.3°C I already feel rather bad.

I also read somewhere - now don't ask me where - maybe here, that people on prednisolone will have a slightly lower body temperature.

Katharine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Hey

My Temp usually runs a degree below normal at around 36 - 36.5 celsius which is around 96.5f and always wondered if it was a lupus thing as it always used to be within normal range

Claire
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
granny weatherwax;515368 said:
Hey

My Temp usually runs a degree below normal at around 36 - 36.5 celsius which is around 96.5f and always wondered if it was a lupus thing as it always used to be within normal range

Claire
I thought that if you had lupus, and were in a flare, your temp would be high???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,444 Posts
Lupus flares can happen with or without fever. Usually lupus fevers run about 100 in Farhenheit scale at least give or take a degree (not sure Celsius). When my fever has been over 101, it's almost always due to a viral or bacterial infection & has been accompanied by additional non-lupus symptoms like sore throat, swollen glands, major GI tract issues, etc.!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
My temperature if feeling okay (which is brief) runs at about 97F.

My normal temperature at present is 98-99, which I must say is controlled for me by the steroids!

Without the use of steroids my temperature would quite easily reach 100-101 every few days.

With these temperatures I would have extra joint inflammation etc. and often especially during the virus months I would also get a virus on top!

Lesley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
Maia;515382 said:
Lupus flares can happen with or without fever. Usually lupus fevers run about 100 in Farhenheit scale at least give or take a degree (not sure Celsius). When my fever has been over 101, it's almost always due to a viral or bacterial infection & has been accompanied by additional non-lupus symptoms like sore throat, swollen glands, major GI tract issues, etc.!
I might be wrong here, but I thought that swollen glands & sore throat were text book Lupus symptoms?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
They can be 'I get them', also ulcers to boot!

Lesley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,684 Posts
Swollen glands are extremely common in Lupus but for me a sore throat has never been.

My feeling good (no flare) temp is 96.5 (36C) and my flaring temp is 99.5 (38C) or thereabouts.

love
Lily
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
Well, my temp has gone down to 37.5. Does this mean the lupus flare is on the way out?

Although I still severe pain in the knees and can hardly walk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,684 Posts
Not necessarily sorry :( if you have other symptoms present then it's still hanging around probably.

love
Lily
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Surferboy;515375 said:
I thought that if you had lupus, and were in a flare, your temp would be high???
Hey Surfer Boy

When I took my temp I don't think I was flaring at the time, I just did it to see what it was! Curiosity. Never taken it through a flare though. Might have to try next time I flare as see what it goes up to! :wink2:

Claire
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top