The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My white cell count has been ow since oct 07 my last white cell count was 1.72 but unfortunately i do not know what the levels of the different cell groups were.
From what i have read the normal range is between 4 - 11 and docs usually concern over a level of below 1.5, is this right and anyother comments.

Cassie

·
Registered
234 Posts
Cad,
My white blood cell count has been as low as 0.7 when I was in the hospital over a month ago! Then it went up to 1.2 and stayed there for a while. I was released from the hospital and my doctor says it is in the normal range right now, so it can increase quickly. I am on high doses of steroids and that apparently raises the level sometimes. Some people always have a low level and as long as they don't get infections, they are okay. Mine just started dropping in the last 6 months. I am now on Cellcept, so we have to do bloodwork every 2 weeks to make sure my WBC doesn't drop too low.

·
Registered
92 Posts
HI cASSIE

Since I became ill in 1998 my white count was low. I had to have bloodwork 3 times a week for quite awhile till it stabilized. Usually now it's around 2 point something and once it may hit 3. January was 2.3 and April was 2.1.

But I never get sick so it doesn't affect me.

CindyLou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts