The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have posted a few times in the past few weeks. Still waiting on an appointment with the rheumy (had ANA come back 1:2560). I also have a small lump about an inch below my xiphoid process, toward the right near my right set of ribs. I am going for CT scan tomorrow and honestly am very terrified. Does anyone know if we have lymph nodes in that area and if they would be close enough to the surface to be palpable if enlarged? If so, is it common to have an isolated, enlarged lymph node in lupus/autoimmune disease? I don't have a diagnosis yet, but through my research really feel my symptoms are in line with either lupus or sjogren's. I know with sjogren's there is an increased risk of lymphoma so that scares me. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this or insight. CT scan is 10:30 tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have one on the right side of my neck. It has been there probaby about 18 years now. It really bothers me when I am sick. They won't do anything about it because it is between the cartoid artery and another major pumper. I hope it all turns out ok for you.:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
One of my first symptoms was enlarged nodes around my neck and down towards my chest bone. I think they are very common in AI diseases because they indicate inflammation. I still have a few enlarged nodes but they do not bother me, they get bigger if I get sick but they don't hurt or anything like that.

Good luck with the CT Scan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the replies. Does anyone know if there are nodes in the area of the upper abdomen where I described? The unknown is killing me. I am so extremely tired too. I have no energy. I barely made it out of the house yesterday and got to the store, stayed five minutes, realized I was too drained to do any shopping and went home. This is no way of life. I feel bad because I have no energy for my 17 month old son. I hope they find out soon what is wrong with me.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi there and let me first wish you luck with your CT scan. Keep us posted when you get results.

I have had several stomach surgeries but I can tell you that plenty of times I have had lymph nodes swell in the stomach area as well as other areas of the body.

Try not to worry to much but I know that is easier said then done. Good luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes. I am pretty anxious about the test tomorrow.
I guess I am just scared what the results may be.

Lazylegs- thanks for that site. So we do definitely have a lot of nodes and vessels in that area. Not sure if I wanted to hear that or not. I guess I will know soon enough.

I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to update but really don't have much yet. I had the ct scan yesterday. The actual scan wasn't bad at all. The surgeon has the results and the office will be calling to schedule an appointment with me. My pcp also has the results. Would you guys wait until you see the surgeon to find out what is going on or would you call pcp and see if you could get results over the phone? I just don't know if they will give me them over the phone and I feel like I have been bugging my pcp's office staff this past week trying to get prescriptions, authorizations, referrals, fax this, fax that...I really don't want to have to make one more call. The waiting continues.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so surgeon's office called and earliest they could get me in was August 19th. This led me to believe that it must not be an urgent matter. I went ahead and got a copy of the report from the hospital I had it done at. I am sort of puzzled. I definitely have a lump/mass that can be felt upon examination and it showed up on ultrasound (although the tech did have to switch equipment because he said it was more superficial). Anyway, the report of ct scan says no discrete xiphoid mass and no anterior abdominal wall mass. The only thing noted was a calcified granuloma on my left lobe (assuming lung, not really sure what that means). I am relieved on one hand, but on the other...did they MISS the lump. What the heck? Are certain things not picked up on by CT scan..hernia, cyst, etc? It also did say no mediastinal or hilar lymphadenopathy so I guess I can assume whatever the lump is it is NOT a lymph node? I am very perplexed. Any thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.