The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
i've been feeling rough in recent weeks , with fevers , night sweats , breathlessness, aches & pains etc so made an appt with Gp.She said I've got an upper respiratory infection & prescribed Amoxicillin

I discovered a small pea-sized lump in my breast 3 months ago and I've been keeping an eye on to see if it would go away (hoped it was a swollen gland)I mentioned this to my Gp & she examined me ,the Gp asked if anyone had breast problems in the family & I told her my aunt died of breast cancer in her mid 40's.
She made a referral to get it checked out because of my age & family history.

I wasn't worried but getting a little worried now.

Love Angied

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I can understand your worry. It is always better to be safe and get checked out.

I have fibrocystic disease and I get many pea shaped lumps that are moveable and usually hurt. I also get them up to the size of a walnut at times.

I too have a family history of breast cancer. My grandmother first got in her 40's and lived to 80's. I just found out my grandfather's four sisters all had breast cancer. Wow, didn't know that one.

I get checked yearly and sometimes every six months. Just recently the mamo showed an increase in calcifications and had some expansions xrays and now I must go see the surgeon/cancer doc for review. I am thinking just for cautious reasons.

So go and get checked out to be sure.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's certainly understandable to be worried... I would be too.

I hope you can get the tests done quickly and results back fast too - the waiting can be the worst part of these types of things.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
301 Posts
I know how worrying it can be: I had my first lump in 1988.

I hope you get the referral quickly.

Thinking of you.

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
368 Posts
:sad: Angie, you must be really worried! Get it checked out ASAP! I was diagnosed with breast cancer last Jan. Never had a lump, bleeding from nipple. Because of quick intervention by surgeon, I'm cancer free! If you have any questions or want to talk about it, e-mail me. Sincerely, Cathy

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my referral today for breast clinic.
It was on Tuesday 19th Feb @ 9.25am, the only problem is my youngest son has a hospital appt at 9.30am @ a different hospital.
My hubby phoned them & they said they could change my appt to 11.30am but if that wasn't suitable I'd have to wait weeks for another appt.Our daughter has to come out of school at lunchtime because she's diabetic & needs her insulin injection.
i don't know how long my sons' appt will last because it's the allergy clinic & they were going to carry out prick to prick skin tests on him.I can't change his appt because it's been a whole year since he had his last appt.

how well, we'll have to try to juggle.

love
Angied

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Sounds like you have the same problems I have juggling my appointments and health issues alongside those of my kids!

Your appointment is really important to have done sooner rather than later! Could your husband take your son to his appointment instead of you. This will leave you free to go to yours and I'm sure have time to get back to give your daughter her insulin!

Hope you find a solution!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Angie, I can identify with your worring. For the last ten yrs,.I have felt a lump in my breast, and when I touched it , itmhurt. I always had it checked out by my dr. and I have my yearly mamogram without fail. Always, the dr.'s say that they feel nothing, and all my mamograms come out fine. This makes no sense and just leaves me worried.
I don't know what else to do. I just now read that you got an appt, but are juggling it with your son's. Why does life have to be so complicated? I do hope that you go to your appt and get excellent results. :wink2:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Angie

As a Brummie I know the expression "when you're waiting for a bus, they all come at once" !

I hope you can sort out some logistics for the 19th.

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all posts.
Well, my appointment at the breast clinic is tomorrow. I've managed to push it to the back of my mind until now.
I've started getting very anxious ,I don't actually think it will be anything to worry about . I think I'm more worried about flashing my boobs to some stranger.

I recieved a letter from my anti coagulation clinic last week, they informed me that the laptop that contains information about patients at the clinic had been stolen during clinic.They've assured all patients that any information held should be safe.
How can someone just walk in to a very busy clinic & help themselves to a laptop?
Apparently the theft took place on the 8th of last month but they've only just let us know!
Wish me luck for tomorrow.
Love
Angied

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi angie

wishing you lot's of luck for your appointment tomorrow :luck: :hug:
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I can understand your apprehension regarding 'flashing your boobs',I had an ECG a few weeks back & was mortified when the the young male nurse called me through for it!:eek:
he kept telling me to relax too,my heart must have been all over the place :lol: I am such a prude!even after having children :rolleyes:

best of luck angie,please keep us updated.
take care..karen x

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Angie

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.

Big(((((((hugs))))))))

Judi xx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Thinking of you (((((((hugs)))))))

I promise you the worst part is thinking about it. The staff that carry these out make you feel very comfortable and at ease.

Thats incredible about the missing laptop:worried: I fail to see how they can assure you about the safety of such information when all they can say is that it 'should be safe' :mad:

Anyway, you have more important things to focus on right now. The very best of luck with the results. Fingers and toes crossed.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Good Luck Angie and many gentle hugs. I really have to psych myself up for intimate physicals and it gets worse as I grow older which I never anticipated. I tell myself that they have seen everything and are probably bored stiff - as Joan says the vast majority are highly professional, very kind and gently reassuring.
Otherwise I do my best to zone right out, as if these appendages had nothing at all to do with me.But all the same it is very nerve racking.
All the best

Clare

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm sending out healing thoughts for you, I have a mammogram that came back showing a lump, I get it re-checked in April to see if it has grown or not. It is quite nerve wracking to add yet another thing medically to what you are already going through. It must be so stressful for you, I hope you take some special moments out of the day for just you. If it helps any at all my sister is a registered nurse and she says that she doesn't see the body parts, just the person and the job to be done. My nurse practioner told me she wasn't looking at my legs (when I commented I should have shaved) when she was doing and exam. The medical people see it as a profession and not a peep show. Thankfully.:blush: Many hugs and lots of good thoughts for you and your situation, Karly

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm back home & everything turned out fine.
i saw a breast care nurse first , she found a further 3 small lumps in other breast.She thought they were cysts, the surgeon came in , he didn't think they were anything much.So had ultrasound, which picked up lymph glands & numerous glands in armpits which didn't look that bad.
I then had a mammogram which they said was okay & they said they weren't worred about the lymph glands.
I'm having a lot of swollen glands in different places in the last few months ie;groin , neck (cervical chain) & now armpits etc
Thanks for all your support , it is very much appreciated.
Love
Angied

·
Registered
301 Posts
Angie

What a relief! I am so happy for you (well, you know what I mean, I'm sorry you have lymph cysts but happy it is not something sinister........).

Join the lumpy, cysty club; it seems it part and parcel of this condition :lol:

Much love

Judi xx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.