Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
As some of you know, i am awaiting diagnosis. It looks quite certain now that that will MCTD after hving received a letter from rheumy stating that test rsults indicate this, i've just not been followed up yet as the rheumy department at my local hopital is in utter caos. I am hoping to be seem within the next month.
As some of you also know i have been struggling with my joint a nd hronic pain and have been feeling very unwell due to various other symptoms.
Now i jave ad a lump which has appeared o my upper left arm.
I wasn't sure at first but am now certain it is there. Ofcourse i caled gp stright away and am going to see him regardig this, this afternoon.
I was just wondering whether any one else has experienced the apperance of lumps.
This lump is about half way between my elbow and shoulder as is about the lenght of a finger and about three fingers wide and i lying horizontally.
There is no redness around it and the only way to describe the feel of it really is like hardened muscle.
Any ideas or info would be nuch appreciated.

Many Thanks

Cassie.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Cassie

:) Hi Cassie! How long have you had this lump? If it just recently appeared I would go and get checked out right away and get seen. I'm not a doctor here and can't make a diagnoses but I think of 2 things that could cause lumps. One is swollen lymph nodes and that is possible and the other one is a blood clot.
Lupus can cause either one. But if you hit that area by accident a lump can appear. Lupus can cause swollen lymph node that feel hard to the touch. A boil getting ready to form can cause a lump. And a blood clot can also cause a lump.
Might be good idea to get checked out. 2 things are not serious but the blood clot thing could be if not treated properly. Some of us with lupus have the anti phosphlid syndrome which is a blood clotting problem. I have never tested positive for it and so far no problems but have met a few that have had problems. Hope it goes away and is just a small lump of no concern. Wishing you my best!:lol:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello!

I develop small lumps on a fairly regular basis. However, none of mine are larger than a pea. They are rheumatoid nodules, although I do not have RA.

I agree that you should have the lump checked out by your doctor. Anything that large that appeared rapidly would make me call for an appointment.

Let us know what you find out.

Terri

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Cassie,

Cant really help you with your lump just wanted to wish you well at the GP!

Let us know what they think!

Lesley

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ladies,
Oh yes absolutely as i said above am seeing gp this afternoon.

Ithink it has appeared over the last couple of weeks.

I dont think its lymph nodes because of where of it is but, atually i didn't think about a possible blot clot.
I hace tested negative for APS too but have have pulmonary embolism scares a couple of times in the past.

Iwill let you now what doc thinks.

Cassie

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi cad i have them all over the place i have them on my arms legs tummy and back.I have had some of them removed and they have been fatty tissue.I hope your gp puts your mind at rest let us know how you get on Elisabeth

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ladies,
Gp said the lump was caused by bleeding in the muscle, he said that there is really no treatment for it and as mine platlet lvels are o.k i just need to wait for it to heal whch could take quite a long timel.
He said he felt that this was connected to my disease.
Does any one know if this is symtomatic of myositis, i should have asked the gp at the time?

Cassie

Reactions: Pink Orchid29

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Cassie

Hi Cassie! Glad to hear that the lump was something minor and not major. It was best getting it checked out. Especially if it was a blood clot. But glad it wasn't one of them. Not sure about the myositis thing being connected or not. I have had myositis before and boy was that a mess. Dealing with lupus is a mess anyway. I would rather have my tonsils taken out and heal up than to have lupus any day! But glad to hear the good news. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Cassie

Hi Cassie! Glad to hear that the lump was something minor and not major. It was best getting it checked out. Especially if it was a blood clot. But glad it wasn't one of them. Not sure about the myositis thing being connected or not. I have had myositis before and boy was that a mess. Dealing with lupus is a mess anyway. I would rather have my tonsils taken out and heal up than to have lupus any day! But glad to hear the good news. :)
Hi all,
As some of you know, i am awaiting diagnosis. It looks quite certain now that that will MCTD after hving received a letter from rheumy stating that test rsults indicate this, i've just not been followed up yet as the rheumy department at my local hopital is in utter caos. I am hoping to be seem within the next month.
As some of you also know i have been struggling with my joint a nd hronic pain and have been feeling very unwell due to various other symptoms.
Now i jave ad a lump which has appeared o my upper left arm.
I wasn't sure at first but am now certain it is there. Ofcourse i caled gp stright away and am going to see him regardig this, this afternoon.
I was just wondering whether any one else has experienced the apperance of lumps.
This lump is about half way between my elbow and shoulder as is about the lenght of a finger and about three fingers wide and i lying horizontally.
There is no redness around it and the only way to describe the feel of it really is like hardened muscle.
Any ideas or info would be nuch appreciated.

Many Thanks

Cassie.
Glad to hear it wasn't major. About 8 months ago they admitted me in the hospital and they found an enlarged lymphnode under my right ear. They thought it was apart of my lupus but they decided to biopsy it. It turns out that because i was on the prednisone for so long and a veryn high dose I devolped cancer. Non hodskins lymphoma. So on my list of medical problems it went.

·
4,435 Posts
this is an old thread and I will close it as it started on 08....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.