The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember that this time last year I was very lucky to meet one of the lupies from the board - Okie (Shirley) and it was a wonderful experience.

Well, we did it all over again today! Okie came to Scotland for a family celebration and we arranged to meet up for lunch. There wasn't much eating going on as we talked, hugged and cried for 2 hours solid.

We have kept in regular touch via email and calls and when we met today it was like we'd just seen each other last week. I couldn't ask for a better friend and we agreed that although lupus brought us together, we would've been friends despite it. It is so good to speak to someone that understands how you feel! If any of you get the chance, it is a great thing to do.

I don't know if any of you use Skype but it is a great way of keeping in touch computer to computer for free! We use it to keep in touch with family abroad but I've used to call my lupie friends across the pond at a reduced rate.

Our next meeting is in February when Okie comes back - I'm now thinking that we should make a trip to Canada soon to even things up! :hehe:

I just wanted to share this with you all - I have Okie's permission to do so. It was just all over way too soon, I think we would've talked for days!

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Aw that's lovely Pam - I remember you two meeting up last time!

I am glad you have managed to maintain a strong friednship, and you are right it would be nice to meet other lupies, but it is a bit daunting.

I have never heard of skype so i will look inot it - always open to money saving ideas!

Did you meet her in your new slanket, you wee fox???

Take good care

:love:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
That is awesome that you got to meet in person.

It seems that a lot of folks on this board live in Europe, fair to say???

My home phone company is Vonage so I can call anywhere in the USA and Europe for just $24.99 a month plus tax.

I am going to France July 14th - 22nd and hubby can call me every night and not worry.

So.....................If anyone in Europe gets lonely and needs to talk.....Karol can call ya for next to nothing.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh gosh Pam

I am so glad that you two got together again.i did last year meet peonyprincess (nancy) and it was incredible how much we had to talk about and not much about the lupus even just our family and other things.
I am not at all surprised that you two had such a great time talking becaause both of you are such caring loving interesting people to talk to.

I sure hope you both are doing okay these days((((hugs)))).

Tammy:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree!!

Hi everyone!:)
I had to add my two cents too!
I flew from Canada to Scotland for my mother-in laws 90th birthday.
The celebration was great but meeting my friend Loopyloo for the 2nd time was an added bonus!
Thanks Loopyloo for agreeing to meet with me again because a meaningful & special friendship has emerged in spite of our struggles with lupus.

I truly hope all of you get an opportunity someday to meet such a special, caring,thoughtful,funny and lovely person like her too!
Best Regards
Okie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts